PDA

View Full Version : I need more unemployed friends!

schuylski
07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
hahaah!! SUMMER unemployed that is:p Hi of 102 today.... water right around 82.... and here I sit on the forum while the boat just bakes under its cover.... oh well.....

bergermaister
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I was self employed one summer a few years back - when we actually had summer-like weather around here that is. Recall a few days out on the water on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with the entire glassy warm river to ourselves! My brother is a cop and works a rotating shift so he was in. Kids were in. My retired folks even came out for a while.

Meanwhile my wife was gone on a business trip and she was pissed! :cool:

you da man
07-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Make friends with teachers, they're off all summer. I work 4 days a week but still get out after work a couple hours for good water on weekdays.

skylar18
07-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Make friends with teachers, they're off all summer. I work 4 days a week but still get out after work a couple hours for good water on weekdays.

My wife is a teacher and lives out on the boat in the summer!

millerda68
07-23-2011, 01:06 AM
I hear you all. Wasted a perfect afternoon here in Portland, OR. Boat in front of the house and stripped down, drying out from the rain from last weekend. Wasted a great afternoon. Had the afternoon off.... Kids and wife working, no one to hit the water with :( Hoping the wife can find a part time job so we can get more time on the water. Still need to find that ever elusive 3rd though. The unicorn of the boating world.

jester
07-23-2011, 07:09 AM
A lot of my friends are teachers and they are evil since they tell me how nice the water is when I am at work. I need to just quit my job next summer to spend it on the water.

Millerda68, If you go to pdxwake.com you can post that you are looking for a third or even a second and see who bites. It is for the most part a great groop. The forms have been slow the last year but there is still some active people.

bergermaister
07-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey Miller - My boat has been stripped down all week trying to dry out from last weekend as well - haha. Spent a few hours last night wiping everything down and putting stuff back together and my carpet is still a little wet!

Curious what your work schedule is and when you normally try to go out but I'd be up for being a third or sometimes needing a third myself. I work a 7-4, M-F shift and basically get out on the water any chance I get. If you want I'll PM you my contact info.