PDA

View Full Version : motor won't accelerate over 25mph

jsmith413
07-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I have a 2008 Outback V with the Indmar Assault 340 motor. The motor has 62hrs. When I accelerate the motor stops accelerating at 25mph. I checked the oil and the oil level was low so I added 1 litre of oil. I water tested and the boat accelerated without any trouble over 30mph. The next time I ran the boat a few hours later the problem started again. This time I disconnected the moomba pass. I restarted the boat and the boat accelerated over 30mph without any trouble. A few hours later we went out to ski and again as soon as I accelerated to 25mph the motor sputtered and then held at 25mph. There is no trouble decelerating but no matter how much throttle I give the boat it will not exceed 25mph. There are no flashing lights, display items, temperature runs around 160-180 degrees, oil pressure is between 40 and 80 (typically around 60). Boat is run in freshwater.

brad460
07-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Check the perfect pass..there is a small string that wraps around a dial...sorry for the lack of technical terms...re-wrap that string tightly around the dial.

If it wasn't dark out I could snap a pick of what I am talking about...

Btw..it is located on top of the intake area..