PDA

View Full Version : KICKER Marine ZXM-RLC Dual-Zone Remote Level Control

E4NASH
07-20-2011, 04:48 PM
So since the original thread on this was closed (Drama I assume) I thought I would open a new one:

I just received one of these today and I was going through the box and noticed that the two controller cables that are packaged with the box are different lengths (16.4' and 3.3'). I was wanting to use one of the controllers to control my tower speakers and the other to control the Cabin speakers if for some reason someone wanted the volume lower in the boat without effecting the volume out to the rider...unlikely but hey, it could happen. Most of us have wives and kids and know how that can be.

Anyways, I was planning on mounting them next to where my remote bass controller is to the right of my steering wheel. It appears that I will only be able to use one of the controllers as there is only one cable that is long enough. Since the other cable is only 3 feet long it will not do me any good as I have no intentnion to have the knobs in different locations. Does anyone have any suggestions?

E4NASH
07-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow! Phil at Kicker is Johnny on the spot with the answers. It appears 4 conductor phone cable available at WalMart or Radio Shack should work perfectly! Thanks for the quick e-mail Phil!

philwsailz
07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
So since the original thread on this was closed (Drama I assume) I thought I would open a new one:

I just received one of these today and I was going through the boax and noticed that the two controller cables that are packaged with the box are different lengths (16.4' and 3.3'). I was wanting to use one of the controllers to control my tower speakers and the other to control the Cabin speakers if for some reason someone wanted the volume lower in the boat without effecting the volume out to the rider...unlikely but hey, it could happen. Most of us have wives and kids and know how that can be.

Anyways, I was planning on mounting them next to where my remote bass controller is to the right of my steering wheel. It appears that I will only be able to use one of the controllers as there is only one cable that is long enough. Since the other cable is only 3 feet long it will not do me any good as I have no intentnion to have the knobs in different locations. Does anyone have any suggestions?

E-mail the manufacturer BEFORE posting to Moomba Owners Forum? :D

Hah hah hah-

For everyone's benefit, Erik and I have e convered on this off-line... He and I are quite on the same page... I am just teasing with him above. Oh, he posted before me so obviously we are on the same page... :D

The ZXM-RLC has one short cord and one long cord so we don't burden the cost of the whole package. Many guys will not need both cords to be long. We thought ahead though and used a commonly available 4-conductor phone cord for installations where you need a longer cord. These can be had often at Radio Shack, WalMart, and many home improvement stores. David at Earmark stocks a long cord as well and he is a retailer for the ZXM-RLC

All you do is substitute in the long phone cord for the short one and you can put the remote wherever you want or need.
e that helps!

Phil
Kicker
Hop

philwsailz
07-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Wow! Phil at Kicker is Johnny on the spot with the answers. It appears 4 conductor phone cable available at WalMart or Radio Shack should work perfectly! Thanks for the quick e-mail Phil!

My pleasure. Good to visit!

Phil
Kicker

Razzman
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Dude 13 minutes between posts doesn't give him much time to view & respond, and that's if he's on the button watching the Moomba forum only lol! :p

Just go buy a longer cable. If I remember correctly there was another post on the exact same issue and that was the answer.

edit: Phil jumped in as I was posting :p

E4NASH
07-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I e-mailed him right before I posted the thread. I didn't expect such a quick reply as I know he is busy so I thought I would post it here in case someone knew real quick.

I found the pre-existing thread about this device but it was closed because of well, drama...imagine that. Unfortunately it didn't have the answer I was looking for...I try to search before I post. ;)

But yeah Phil is THE MAN...he has kindly answered every question I've ever asked. I'm sure there will be more in the future. Thanks bud :D