PDA

View Full Version : My last day

KG's Supra24
07-20-2011, 12:50 PM
So tomorrow is my last day at my current job. I have ran through several scenes in my head I would love to execute, however, I'm a wuss and won't pull any stunts.

Anyone have any good stories of last days at the job? Seen a couple silly goodbye emails and one cuss fest on the way out but thats about it.

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Just remember that what goes around comes around. One of your co-workers may be the one interviewing you in a few years. Dress nicely, give out hugs and smiles and make 'em all jealous you are off to greener pastures.

KG's Supra24
07-20-2011, 01:19 PM
No intentions of doing anything crazy or mean spirited, I was thinking more along the lines of funny.

Def wouldn't consider burning any bridges as I am staying in the same industry and will likely be in contact with my current firm often.

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Fill a bottle of Jack Daniels with apple juice and pour everyone a dixie cup of it all day and toast your departure. It will take a while before everyone watching realizes what it really is.

csm
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I work for a company that does benefit outsourcing and works with employees for our clients. We send out a lot of paperwork for benefit enrollment, confirmations, etc. This one guy quit and was pretty disgruntled. He changed the phone number that prints on the forms for one client to 1-800-sweetman (sounds dirty, but that was his last name.) Somehow it made it into our production environment and went out to a bunch of people. Thought that was pretty creative.