PDA

View Full Version : Beede Clock ??

eseebeck
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
In my 08 outback there is a blank gauge on the dash. I would like to install a clock, but want it to match the rest of the gauges. I searched beede gauges and beede clocks with no luck. What have other people done with this spot. There is a nice beede blank in the hole, but i would like a clock or maybe a water temp, depth gauge.

thanks

KG's Supra24
07-20-2011, 12:52 PM
If you don't have a depth gauge, I'd go with that. Seems the most useful.

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 01:17 PM
You can get a tiny LCD clock with peel and stick on the back at the dollar store and stick it anywhere. I'd go with depth/water temp as it is much more useful. Who the heck cares what time it is when you're on the boat anyway?

Razzman
07-20-2011, 02:34 PM
The last thing I want on my boat is a clock! :cool:

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
I use a primitive sundial. I make it by holding my beer hand up at a 45 degree angle. Then I check how many are left in the cooler to decide if it's time to head in yet.

usaski1
07-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, in my last boat, I wanted a clock for some reason, and then got one installed, and barely used it.. so get a watch, and wrap it around the stering wheel, or just forget it, but do get a depthfinder. Thats what I put in my blank spot.

aquavette
07-20-2011, 03:55 PM
You can get a tiny LCD clock with peel and stick on the back at the dollar store and stick it anywhere. I'd go with depth/water temp as it is much more useful. Who the heck cares what time it is when you're on the boat anyway?

Well said.

harmsway
07-20-2011, 09:58 PM
When it gets dark it is time to go home! No clock needed.

Shooter
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
I use a primitive sundial. I make it by holding my beer hand up at a 45 degree angle. Then I check how many are left in the cooler to decide if it's time to head in yet.

There needs to be a like button or something on here just for this post!!!

eseebeck
07-20-2011, 10:57 PM
alright i get the point, but i still would like to have a clock in the open spot, where would i find a matching beede clock. if there isn't such an item, where would i get a depth/ water temp gauge.