PDA

View Full Version : Summer Weather

eseebeck
07-20-2011, 12:03 PM
it has been close to 100 degrees in mid michigan. WOO HOO. Some folks are saying too hot. I say buy a MOOMBA and get out and enjoy the heat. in a few short months the lakes will be frozen and they'll be complaining about the cold.

MOOMBA TIME -

rdlangston13
07-21-2011, 12:01 AM
people have short term memories. every summer here in Texas it gets over 100 degrees, and every summer people act like they have never seen 100 degrees before. its silly

bbyquist
07-21-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure we have officially hit 90 degrees in Spokane, yep not even once. Water is still really cold around here! Rumor has it Lake Chelan is still in the 50's and I'm sure Lake Coeur d'alene isn't much better.

millerda68
07-21-2011, 02:07 AM
It's been the same down here in Portland bbyquist. Fridays have been consistently nice, but that is about all we have going thus far. Hoping for some 80s this weekend. Regardless we are getting out, rugged up in sweats, heaters on and making use of the shower and warm water.

skiyaker
07-21-2011, 06:40 AM
nice thing about Michigan is your lakes stay cooler- at least from what I remember about going to Crystal Lake they do. I don't mind air temps in the 100s but when the water temp gets in the mid 80s I can't stand it.

KSmith
07-21-2011, 08:15 AM
nice thing about Michigan is your lakes stay cooler- at least from what I remember about going to Crystal Lake they do. I don't mind air temps in the 100s but when the water temp gets in the mid 80s I can't stand it.

I agree. Being from the pacific northwest climbs myself I like a cool water temp. This damn southern bath water in Georgia is not to my liking.

I prefer the water to be between refreshing and invigorating. When you jump into water and it doesn't cool you off then something is wrong IMHO ;)

But the wife seems to enjoy the warmer water...

The Georgia water isn't bad, IMHO between March - June, then again Sept - Oct. Nov - Feb I tend to not get out in the boat much at all...

rdlangston13
07-21-2011, 08:37 AM
last weekend we had air temps around 102 and the water temp was 91 at the surface