PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the wakeboard thread???

rsinger
07-20-2011, 08:12 AM
I only see one subject in it. It's been like this for a couple of weeks.

sandm
07-20-2011, 08:34 AM
what is this thing you speak of called wakeboard?

all we know is wakesurf :)

Ian Brantford
07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Same here. Sometimes when entering that folder of threads, it says that there is no recent activity... but there clearly is.

sicktc06
07-20-2011, 09:12 AM
I found that you have to change the parameters down at the bottom of the page. that shows them.

skiyaker
07-20-2011, 09:19 AM
wakeboarding was a fad that was around for a few years- now everybody wants to ski again. The next generation of boats has reverse ballast- it makes them lighter for skiing but the boats are so light they won't ride properly without adding some weight while your not skiing. People are defriending all their facebook friends because they only want a driver and spotter in the boat- extra people just add weight and get in the way. The stereos have been replaced by alarm clocks to wake you up before the bass fishermen, and all the beer is replaced with gatorade.

rsinger
07-20-2011, 10:48 AM
wakeboarding was a fad that was around for a few years- now everybody wants to ski again. The next generation of boats has reverse ballast- it makes them lighter for skiing but the boats are so light they won't ride properly without adding some weight while your not skiing. People are defriending all their facebook friends because they only want a driver and spotter in the boat- extra people just add weight and get in the way. The stereos have been replaced by alarm clocks to wake you up before the bass fishermen, and all the beer is replaced with gatorade.

You need to be aware that us Canadians are typically 4 or 5 years behind you folks to the south. Not that we're slow. We just take time getting to things because it's so cold up here.

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 11:13 AM
At least you get the beer right. And you used to be pretty good at hockey too.

rsinger
07-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Unfortunately I don't follow hockey to much. I do play though. I'm assuming you're refering to the current stanley cup winners.

All I have to say is "Of Boston’s 19 regular players (those who have appeared in more than 10 playoff games), 14 are Canadian, including star players such as Nathan Horton, Patrice Bergeron and Milan Lucic. ", found at

http://crashthecrease.com/2011/05/30/the-boston-bruins-are-canadas-team/

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Seems that hockey is a bit of a religion here. Probably similar to baseball and football in the states.

Still can't believe the number of people that show up at your college games.

Canuckle Head
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Was this a "build them up to slap them down" kind of post or what? I don't recall seeing the US getting the gold at the last olympics.........

And if you're refering to the NHL, follow this link: http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php

We still make up over 50% of the league. Not bad for a country that has the popoulation of the state of California.

cab13367
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
And you used to be pretty good at hockey too.

Ouch! That's low right there. :)

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
LOL! Just pulling your hammy. I don't even follow hockey. I haven't seen ice in 8 years except in the cooler. :)

sandm
07-20-2011, 12:13 PM
this has to be a record thread derail :)

rsinger
07-20-2011, 12:29 PM
LOL! Just pulling your hammy. I don't even follow hockey. I haven't seen ice in 8 years except in the cooler. :)

Any how, since we did a complete 90 to this thread, I noticed your status "super moderator".

The original question still stands. What's up with that thread? There was some information in there that I was hoping to find.

moombadaze
07-20-2011, 01:00 PM
when I logged into the wakeboard forum it only showed one thread, but if you scroll down and change the details to show for 2 months or more you will see more threads

hope that helps

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Try scrolling down the page to "Display Options" and changing "from the" to "beginning".