PDA

View Full Version : Wife's first attempt

millerda68
07-20-2011, 12:40 AM
She got up first try. Did a great job this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=Pzq8yITY1t4

We both still have to graduate to no rope, but are having fun learning.

bergermaister
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Link didn't work for me? Wonder if the vid is not done processing yet.

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Me neither.

millerda68
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Strange, trying a different link....

http://youtu.be/Pzq8yITY1t4

We'll see if this one works.

bergermaister
07-20-2011, 12:57 PM
That one worked! That is probably the nicest conditions I've ever seen up at Swift. I hate to drive up that far only to be blown off the lake and pummeled by whitecaps. Any idea what the water temp was?

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Much better. That's how you start 'em. She's ready to move up on the board and try easing into the wake now. Gonna be free riding by the end of summer easy. And may I say that you have one fine looking boat! :)

Canuckle Head
07-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Awesome job! Now she has to stop thinking it's a wakeboard or waterski and leaning away from the boat. Couple of things to try:

1) Get her to let go with her back hand (furthest away from the boat)
2) Turn her body so that she is facing the wave. (this should happen instinctively as she lets go with that back hand)
3) Use that free hand to touch the wave or so that it is placed over top of the wave.

This will change her stance so that she doesn't feel like she is sliding out.

Good luck and havefun!

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd show her the video and show her a vid of someone just a little more advanced that is just starting to free ride. She'll figure it out. Instead of telling her, ask her what she sees.

millerda68
07-21-2011, 01:44 AM
@Bergermaister - Not sure of the water temp. It was a little cooler than Hagg, but definitely felt good. Conditions were great! Sunday was glass, but full of debris everywhere.

@ Kane & Canuckle - Thanks for the tips! We have watched her video and watched several of people with no rope. She can't wait to get back out there this weekend.