PDA

View Full Version : Toe side vs. heel side

volfo
07-19-2011, 11:10 AM
surfing behind my Outback LS direct drive was a success. Son able to go forever; even Dad was able to go ropeless. My question, my son rides goofy so we set all the bags, etc. up on the driver side. When it was my turn, I just went on the same side even though I'm left foot forward. I had my back to the wake, heel side, and was able to do it just fine. I can't do much more than just keep going at this point, maybe up and down in the wake a little, but my question is how much easier/better if at all would it be to re-weight the boat to the standard side. I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle. Any input appreciated.

papou
07-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I will change sides time to time surfing goofy with ballast reg with passengers reg side the wave seems to be longer but a little washed more fun if you want to hang further back, must be a prop rotation thing .

tarkus70
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
We can surf both sides of the OBV just by moving the bags and people around. We mostly set up the driver side with stock ballast in the compartment and a 750lb bag on the seat. My buddy surfs facing away from the wake with no problem he does spins and rips it up pretty good. I guess it's a pain to switch once everything is set up never really put much thought into it. So I guess it's what you like and how you ride.

bergermaister
07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Kind of like right handed people using the mouse with their left hand instead...?

I'm regular footed, tried surfing that way on the goofy side just recently (facing away from the wave). Could freeride okay but the feeling was sooo different. After a few short rides my hamstrings were pretty fired up too! Regular side and regular foot forward (facing the wave) I have way more control and strength. Feel it in the quads after a while instead because of the difference in stance and balance.

cab13367
07-21-2011, 01:53 AM
surfing behind my Outback LS direct drive was a success. Son able to go forever; even Dad was able to go ropeless. My question, my son rides goofy so we set all the bags, etc. up on the driver side. When it was my turn, I just went on the same side even though I'm left foot forward. I had my back to the wake, heel side, and was able to do it just fine. I can't do much more than just keep going at this point, maybe up and down in the wake a little, but my question is how much easier/better if at all would it be to re-weight the boat to the standard side. I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle. Any input appreciated.

Yes, I think it's definitely worth the hassle. You owe it to yourself to set up the port side wave. It was way easier for me at least to surf facing the wave than away from it.

walb0244
08-14-2011, 07:31 AM
I have tried to surf with my heels into the wake and my buddy has tried as well. Neither one of us can do it at all. Any little move and the board just blows right out from under us.

moombadaze
08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Its worth it to move it