PDA

View Full Version : best way to sell a boat

Zihuatanejo
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I bought an outback this year and need to get rid of the runabout i currently own. Anyone have any tips on selling?

mobiusLSV05
04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I was in a similar situation recently, sold it 2 nites ago purely by word of mouth through co-workers. Good Luck! Hope the weather is nice where you are, always helps:)

silverski
04-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Z-
If I remember correctly, you are from the Twin Cities. I am as well and just sold a '93 Larson. I was eager to sell but cheap at the same time so the method I used was usedboats.com $40 for unlimited time as well as a flyer hanging at nearby grocery stores. I only got one call on the boat after about 2 and 1/2 weeks. The good news is the one call sold the boat. I thought that it would get a lot more traffic than that from the website even though I was trying to sell it when there was still ice on the lakes. The web site will tell you how many pepole viewed the boat and the numbers were very low. Boattrader online may be better.

If I had to do it again, I would skip the internet and find a high traffic area to park it for a weekend. When that didn't work, I would pay the $100 it will cost to put it in the Mpls paper and on their website.