PDA

View Full Version : Service and Maintenance

walb0244
07-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm trying to do my own maintenance on my boat. I have a 2006 Moomba Mobius. But there are a few things on the Maintenance chart that I do not fully understand what they are. The items in question are.

Clean Crankcase Ventilation System - Not sure exactly what looking for.

Clean Transmission Oil Strainer Screen - Not sure where this is located and what I'm suppose to do with the screen to clean it.

Lubricate Distributor Cam - I know where the distributor is but don't know what I am lubricating and with what I am to lubricate it with.

Lubricate Throttle and Shift Linkage Pivot Points - What are we lubricating and with what?

Lubricate Rudder Port - Not sure what I'm lubricating here either. Am I looking for a grease fitting to grease or just spraying lub on something.

Any help is appreciated.

DOCDRS
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
there is a how to for the trans screen.......its usu tight on a dd but def doable without pulling the engine

walb0244
07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Is the transmission oil screen the little plate on the bottom of the transmission that has the little filter?

newty
07-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Walb0244, here's a thread that may be helpful.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10049&highlight=100hr+service

That trans screen/filter is a pain in the shoulder to get to on my LSV but its doable.

NCSUmoomba
07-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Crankcase Ventilation: There is usually a PCV system similar to a car on our engines. Mine is a PCV valve on the valve cover (which you can clean or just replace) with a hose leading to the spark arrestor. The hose could probably be checked for blockage.

Transmission Oil Screen: Yes, there is a small plate on the bottom with the cylindrical metal screen inside. This is pretty aggravating to get to.

Distributor cam: Not sure about this one, but maybe this is talking about the rotor button inside the distributor.

Linkage: This is just the linkage rod right at the engine and/or throttle body. I think the manual says some sort of spray oil, but I have also heard of using 30 weight motor oil.

Rudder Port: Yes, there is a grease fitting on the top side of the rudder fitting down insdie the bilge.

I hope this helps some.

walb0244
07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you. That does help. I will check these things out now that I know how what I'm looking for.