PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question: Can you adjust the wakeplate when running?

bkearney
07-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Noob question, can the wake plate be adjusted while the boat is running? Will that do any damage to the boat or hydrolics?

-- bk

11 Outback V
07-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes you can adjust the wake plate while underway. Really there is no other way to adjust it and get the results you are looking for if you are not underway. The system is designed to be fully adjustable at any time. My suggestion is to go for a ride and play with the adjustments so that you get familar with what it does

jester
07-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Using the wakeplate to adjust the wake on the go is the best way to give your wakeboarder a great ride. Once the person is up i adjust the wakeplate to move where the wake washes out. Like 11 Outback V said play with it so you know how it will change the wake.

bkearney
07-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks! We went out yesterday and had a great time!

skiyaker
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
don't underestimate the value of the wakeplate in adjusting the ride in rough water- we were out in open water this weekend and at high speeds pointing the nose of the boat all the way down works to bust through those rollers. Also keeps the boat from porpoising at high speeds- I was able to dust my buddy in his Tige cause he can't keep his at full throttle.

I love the way my boat handles