PDA

View Full Version : sad day at the lake :(

sandm
07-17-2011, 10:25 AM
we went up yesterday and were just chillin on the dock. watched it all unfold. 2 guys in a 12ft 2person fishing boat with a small tillersteer evinrude on the back. instead of crossing a surfboat wake headon, went sideways to it. they rode up it and next thing we knew, they were in the water and the boat came rightside up but completely full of water. they were maybe 75ft out. guy on the dock next to us swam out to help them out as I grabbed the extra bag pump and headed for their dock as it was the closest. turns out his boat didn't have a working outlet so they pulled the boat over to our dock. once we got the guys up on the dock, it was very apparent that they were extremely drunk. empty bottle of jack and beer cans floating in the boat everywhere. managed to get it pumped out, but not before removing several cig. butts from the pump inlet as they were floating in the water in the boat. they were 8 miles from the launch ramp and heading the wrong way back to a different launch ramp as they forgot where they had parked. refused a tow, so as they got into their boat(can't argue with drunks), the people at the dock next to us that helped radio'ed the sheriff to pick them up.

never saw them, so I hope they are safe...

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 02:52 PM
good to hear someone asked the sheriff to help out with the poor peaple being lost :p

jester
07-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Good to hear no one got hurt. I am also glad the dock next to you called the sheriff to help out. You do not want them to not make it back to the dock.

jpetty3023
07-17-2011, 11:15 PM
I like Police friendly people!

Suprahunter
07-18-2011, 07:08 AM
With a little luck the sheriff got them a warm dry place to sleep it off.

viking
07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
What I want to know is why you went up to the lake and were sitting on the dock instead of cruising around in your supra? :cool:

rdlangston13
07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
how do you even get that drunk on the water? that just boggles my mind. we had a guy this weeekend get drunk and throw up, good thing he was not on my boat!

sandm
07-18-2011, 07:11 PM
What I want to know is why you went up to the lake and were sitting on the dock instead of cruising around in your supra? :cool:

we always grab a dock. my sis and her other half own a tooner, so we share one and chill instead of floating in a boat. there's tons of shade when the afternoon gets too hot. we don't surf/ski 24/7 when on the lake. went out for a nice 1.5hr set, came back, chilled some more then left. makes for a relaxing day when you don't have to spend every minute on the boat.

for me, there's nothing more relaxing than sitting on a dock, cold beer in hand, good company and watching boat traffic on a lake with the sound of an occasional boat and the water lapping the shoreline from their wakes..

moombadaze
07-18-2011, 07:14 PM
for me, there's nothing more relaxing than sitting on a dock, cold beer in hand, good company and watching boat traffic on a lake with the sound of an occasional boat and the water lapping the shoreline from their wakes..

Same here-music to my ears