PDA

View Full Version : Message to NH Moomba

plumcrazy
04-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey Andy,
Hope you get this!
At last- some talk between 2 Moomba owners from the northeast. I just read your post under "Sound off" and you made reference to someone in Maine.....that would be me. We live in East Hampstead New Hampshire, right off Rt 495 and next to Haverhill,MA and Plaistow NH. We keep our purple (hence the name Plumcrazy) Outback at Square Pond in Shapleigh,Maine. It's one of 4 Moombas and 2 Supra's on the lake.
I see you live in Hopkinton. About 15 years ago I wired the additions to the Elmwood School. I hope it's still standing. I still keep in touch with one of the teachers there.
Where is Crystal Lake? I'll check it out on my NH fishing map.
Hope you made it through the winter OK. We had flurries this afternoon. We're hoping for iceout by the 23rd, although the boat won't see water until Memorial day. I'm reading with interest about our Floridian counterparts and their upcoming Jamboree. I'm afraid that if I go I may stay. She can keep the house!
Take care.
Dave

plumcrazy
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Swairlines,
Thanks for the offer. I've got a dog and I snore.......
Dave

plumcrazy
04-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Gordon,
We're still skiing, but with Tshirts. This should be the last weekend though...enough is enough. Hopefully the ice will be out next weekend.
I can't imagine boarding on Winnapisaukee. That lake has 6' rollers! The bow on my Outback is so low Id' be under in no time. It's a nice place to visit, but.....
My lake in Maine is perfect for water sports. Limited public access, the fisherman only come in the spring and fall, and inboards are a majority (next to pontoons). I do get bummed about our short season. Throw in a few rainy weekends (like last year) and you're out. I can't imagine dropping $50K plus for 2 1/2- 3 months.
If you're ever at Mt Sunapee with your planks, give us a shout!

Dave

NH Moomba
04-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Dave, my boat is purple as well. Elmwood is still standing so it looks like your wiring was up to code. My kids actually go to Elmwood. I'll have to look up your lake. There are 3 or 4 lakes in NH called Crystal. Ours is in the town of Gilmanton Iron Works. Did you buy your boat in Alton? There are no other Moombas on our lake, just a Sanger V210 and an old clunker Nautique. It's mostly I/O's. I was the first and only one on the lake with a tower (it's a small lake) and somebody actually stopped me and asked what the roll cage was for!

I am anxious to get the shrink wrap off the boat but I checked on the cottage last week and there were still 6 inches of ice. I'm thinking of adding a shower and I need to replace the swim platform pad. I'm going to Maryland next week to help my brother out at his vineyard. When I get back I'll probably get started.

I'd love to go to Florida right about now for the Moomba Jamboree. I'm sick of this long winter and am anxious to get in the water.

I gave up the snow skiing - to far, to cold, to crowded and to expensive.

Andy

plumcrazy
04-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Andy,
Glad to hear about the Elmwood. I'll sleep a little better. Ask your kids if they know Mrs. Chechile (pronounced Cakely). She should remember Dave the Electrician.
My boat came from Performance Boats in Boonesboro,Maryland. I had to have a Moomba in January and Gillan's Marine in Alton wanted to sell me a snowmobile or something. There's another dealer on Lake Sunapee, but he said come back in the spring. We did a 24 hour roadtrip from Friday at midnight at got home Saturday same time. Those are the things you remember in life.That was 3 years ago. The next year we did the same thing to pick up a tower, or roll cage to those on Crystal Lake. Ray the owner is a great guy. Look him up if you're in that part of MD. He's got a cool shop. Inboards only,Supra's and Moomba's.
We're taking a ride on the bike Sunday to check our ice condition. I'll report on Monday if nerve tonic is still required.
Dave

plumcrazy
04-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Gordon,
Sunapee dumped a bunch of money into snowmaking, so when natural stuff is in short supply they can keep a good surface. Conditions were great this winter. Lift ticket prices are another story everywhere......
From the summit you get an awesome view of Lake Sunapee and all the sweet riding spots......that just happen to be under 24" of f***! ice.
Dave

NH Moomba
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Dave, I did something similar to get my boat. I found what I wanted on Lake Norman in N.C. via the internet and put a deposit on it. I flew down to Maryland, my brother and I drove his vineyard truck down to N.C, picked up the boat and drove back to Maryland all in one day. I stored it there for the winter and then did a whirlwind trip in the spring to get it up here. I didn't know there was another dealer in NH besides Gillian. I was looking for used and he wanted way too much for a carbed 99 LS with 90 hours. I bought a 2000 LS with only 36 hours and the MPI motor for almost 2G's less.

Gordon, are you the one who helps handicapped people learn to ski? A co-worker of mine was telling me his sister would be interested in learing more about any handicapped watersports organization in the Northeast.

Andy

NH Moomba
04-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Gordon, her legs are paralyzed due to a spinal infection.

Andy

NH Moomba
04-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks Gordon, I passed on all the info to my friend and he is going to look NORTHEAST PASSAGE up.

Andy