PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning or Changing Fuel Pump

FamilyMatters
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Wednesday We were out in the Outback and after about 2 Runs Wakeboarding the Fuel Pump started Whining. I assumed Vapor Lock when it started cutting out as we accelerated. I replaced the Fuel Filter because I had one in the boat. It was still cutting out, but the whining got a little quieter. I've read the old post about this and will check the strainer on the fuel pump. The Dealer said 1.5 hours labor $135 to test the pump,$250- $315 (Depending on which one it has) for the pump and $180 Labor if it needs to be replaced. They say ethanol related. There is a fuel pump for the Assault on DIM for $71. How can I tell if that one will work? How difficult is changing out the fuel pump? (Assault 325 Fuel Injected with 107 hrs). Still Whining! I found a PDF on the Indmar site about cleaning the fuel pump anyone ever done that?

Thanks as always, Thanks for the help!!

Peace
Darren

2009 Outback

FamilyMatters
07-16-2011, 11:13 PM
I did the Maintenance Suggested by an recent post on here and the fuel pump was clean as a whistle. What could be causing the fuel pump to whine like it is starved? I replaced the filter! Any Ideas? Fuel line?

Thanks
Darren