PDA

View Full Version : Trailer pull on my new 05 LSV

Will Watters
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
When I pull my boat and trailer at highway speeds (60-65) it has a tendency to push/pull like the surge brakes may by fighting the tow vehicle a little. The highways around here are not very smooth and I have not had a chance to run at speed on a smooth surface. However, I would think the pull on the trailer should be smoother than what I am experiencing. I will bring this up with the dealer during the 20 hour checkup.

Is there any type of adjustment on the surge breaks to decrease their sensitivity? I did not read anything in the Boat Mate owners documents.

moombadaze
04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Will, how level is your trailer when towing?-it may just need to be leveled out

stacy

Will Watters
04-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the replies, I replied last night with a picture of my trailer set up, but would not save because the file was too large. I needed to get going so I did not fiddle with it. Will try and post pics soon.

I did exactly what Jeff mentioned to get the required 20 inch trailer tonque height, so I do not think this is the problem. The trailer is my first with brakes and I may be over sensitive. It is a tandem axel with four disk brakes (required by law around here...). I had hoped to go out again on Thurs or Fri, however, looks like weather may not cooperate. Will get some more experience with the trailer and get with the dealer during the 20 hour check. If I find anything of interest, I will post here.

Will

seanpatsdad
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Will
After you tow it ,go around to each wheel and see if any are putting off more heat than each other.You could have a caliper dragging.Be careful touching because if it is dragging ,that wheel will be pretty hot.Just a thought.
John