PDA

View Full Version : Jamboree Convoy SouthBound

SomeBeach
04-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I see that they have one going north, anybody headed south? I would be pulling out of Birmingham.

SB

NC05LSV
04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Alas, living in NC it is too far for me to pull my boat all the way down to Orlando........Anyone thought of having another one in GA or NC or VA?.......just curious and have fun

moombadaze
04-12-2005, 07:13 PM
nc05lsv, i would pull the boat to ga-lake lanier for a jamboree. my family went camping there last year and just loved the lake and suroundings. or any other lake in the area were we could spend a few days camping and such. maybe you guys up north could get one going.

moombadaze

moombadaze
04-12-2005, 08:37 PM
hey Jeff, lake lanier is just outside of atlanta-north east, took us about 9 hours towing the boat, we were loaded down for camping for a about 6 days. if i remember correctly it was about 400 miles one way. we stayed at a campground called old federal-lake is huge. my dakota was getting about 10.5 mpg going up and about 11.5 comeing home- gas was not as expensive last year tho, did about 1000. miles round trip. i still have a map of the lake if you would like to see it i'll bring it next month. i found a artical in the moomba maniacs spring/summer 2004 newsletter stated that lake Oconee in georgia as being one of the top ten hidden boating vacation spots-maybe that lake for a jamboree??? Oconee looks on a map to save about 2 hours driving maybee.

stacy

04-13-2005, 04:20 PM
The North Georgia Mountains have some beautful lakes.. Lake Chatuge near Hiwasse, GA is very nice. Also, up in Tennesse, there's a real pretty lake near Cleveland...I forget the name, but its fed by the Ocoee River