PDA

View Full Version : Support for Wakeboard tower when folded down?

ducatichris
07-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Support for Wakeboard tower when folded down?

I have a New Dimensions tower that I have to take down every time I put it in my shore station.

Has anyone come up with a support bracket that rests on the front of the bow that the folded down tower can rest on?

Also does anyone else have any ideas for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
Red/White 2005 Outback

csm
07-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I just built a cube out of thick plywood, and put the squishy kids play-mat stuff on the top and bottom with liquid nails. It has done the trick for me.

04OUTBACK
07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Guy i bought my 06LSV from made one out of King Starboard. It has a notch to go around the rope attach point on tower and rests on the cover over the trans/vdrive area. I'll try to take pics and post later..

cab13367
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Support for Wakeboard tower when folded down?

I have a New Dimensions tower that I have to take down every time I put it in my shore station.

Has anyone come up with a support bracket that rests on the front of the bow that the folded down tower can rest on?

Also does anyone else have any ideas for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
Red/White 2005 Outback

I know your tower is different than mine but for those with 2006+ LSV's, I made a real simple stand out of scrap wood I had lying around. That was over 4 years ago and I still use it today. Here's a link.

Al

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=3553&highlight=tower+stand

usaski1
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Not for a new dimension, but for our standard xtp forward folding towers, the tower resting on the fiberglass was issue #1 to solve. SO I did something real simple, and almost un-noticible. I went to home depot, bought a 2 foot piece of clear vinyl tubing cut it in half, prob cut it down to a foot, and use 2 white zip ties to tie it to the tower. Sure I wish the zip ties were clear, but it works, and doesn't look that bad. Now when the tower is down, I can even drive the boat, and not worry about it bouncing too much because its hitting the vinyl, not the fiberglass. (and sometimes I do just drive the boat with the tower down, thats the boat in "slalom" mode. :-) ) "

BobP
07-13-2011, 08:16 AM
We did something similar to usask1, used nerf padding that my neighbor had left over from his hot rod for roll bars, and Velcro straps to hold it on...nice thing is the padding is yellow and straps black which match the boat perfectly. Only use when storing now but works great.

ducatichris
07-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Not for a new dimension, but for our standard xtp forward folding towers, the tower resting on the fiberglass was issue #1 to solve. SO I did something real simple, and almost un-noticible. I went to home depot, bought a 2 foot piece of clear vinyl tubing cut it in half, prob cut it down to a foot, and use 2 white zip ties to tie it to the tower. Sure I wish the zip ties were clear, but it works, and doesn't look that bad. Now when the tower is down, I can even drive the boat, and not worry about it bouncing too much because its hitting the vinyl, not the fiberglass. (and sometimes I do just drive the boat with the tower down, thats the boat in "slalom" mode. :-) ) "

Wow you drive with the tower down???

Thanks everyone for the suggestions please email me pics of your solutions to
[email protected]

Thanks again.

Chris

cachais
07-13-2011, 01:12 PM
I have the forward folding tower as well. I lower mine to get the boat in garage then suspend it by two heavy duty hooks in my ceiling. When I left the tower resting on the bow my kids kept bumping into the tower/racks. I then used 2x4's to hold it up, but again was worried the kids would knock that out of place. The hooks screwed right into my ceiling joists and hold well over 100lbs. The hooks are shaped like a letter L and are real heavy duty. Bought them at Lowes.

rdlangston13
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I have the rear folding tower and it just rests on the cover. Probably not good for the cover tho

Razzman
07-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I have the rear folding tower and it just rests on the cover. Probably not good for the cover tho

Def not good for the cover! I made a support for the LSV by taking a 10' 4x4 and cutting 8" off each end. I screwed the 8" sections under the 4x4 lengthwise at each to make "feet" and covered the whole mess with bunk carpet.

Once the boat is covered i place this over the cover with only the feet resting on the gunwales. The tower arms and main section rest on the board perfectly and no stress on the cover. It has worked fine for three years now.

04OUTBACK
07-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Yellowmobius used to sell something called the TowerJack on his website www.wakezone.biz i dont see it there anymore, but it was designed for forward fold towers.

look him up and see if he has pics

viking
07-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I just use an old 12in orbital buffer cover stuffed with rags and socks and stuff it under the tower between that and the point of the bow. I also cut a foam noodle in 1/2 and split each down the middle. I put these around the tower where it comes in contact to the side of the bow closer to the windows.

usaski1
07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=ducatichris;148307]Wow you drive with the tower down???

YUP... sometimes I only slalom, and I live on a small private lake, that has a @#$@ bridge that the tower wont pass under, so I have to take the tower down and up everytime I ski, even though Im on the water. (we may fix that by raising the bridge this fall) Anyway, I do use the boat with the tower folded forward. Just for slalom. Looks funny, skis and drives fine.