PDA

View Full Version : Engine Blower

Richard Peabody
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
On the back side of the engine cover of my 07 XLV there are three vents, the one on the port side of the boat is blowing air out of the engine compartment. Are the other two intake vents or should they also be blowing air out of the engine compartment?

dusty2221
07-11-2011, 05:14 PM
You should be able to see the vents with your engine hatch open. On my last Supra, all 3 vents had lines coming off of the back of them. 2 were tied to a blower, the 3rd was just a tube down into the compartment if I recall. On my current, there are 2, one is attached to the blower, the other just vents into the engine area.

schuylski
07-12-2011, 12:56 AM
I've noticed my 2010 LSV does the same - blower only really blows out of the port side vent in the back. Figured it was normal... but that's all I got, a "figure". The other two might be more for when cruising to help airflow through the engine without the blower. The intakes into the bilge area are the front cowls under the windshield.

cab13367
07-12-2011, 01:07 AM
On the back side of the engine cover of my 07 XLV there are three vents, the one on the port side of the boat is blowing air out of the engine compartment. Are the other two intake vents or should they also be blowing air out of the engine compartment?

On my 2006 LSV, only one of the three is attached to a blower. The other two are just passive vents. I suspect all the Moombas are this way.

Kinda makes sense since there are two fresh air vents at the front of the windshield which draws fresh air into the engine compartment so there are two fresh air exhaust vents at the rear for the air to go out of.