PDA

View Full Version : New Kneeboard coming for the Kids

jmvotto
07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
New hydroslide razorback coming for the kids for next weeks vacation.

Kneeboard guarantees the tube stays behind:)

http://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Slide-Hydroslide-Razorback-Kneeboard/dp/B004YCXH3W

Heck of a deal too!!!

newty
07-11-2011, 12:00 PM
My kids are really getting into kneeboarding. Hoping they forget all about the tube.

Congrats Its a great platform for younger kids to start with and makes for a fairly quick transition to other water sports.

bergermaister
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I cut me teeth on a kneeboard when I was a pup before graduating up to skis, etc. And love the fact that I can stick the thing cleanly into a compartment and out of the way when not in use!

I'm sure you've got it covered, but I'd definitely give the kids a primer on getting out of the strap when they're in the water and the board is on top of them. My 8yr old was playing around with ours on the beach, drifted out and flipped over, started to panic a little before he broke free. So I got on it and gave them the how-to reminder lesson for getting the strap off. Forgot I meant to do that at the beginning of summer, whenever that was...

pmoomba
07-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I got a kneeboard for the same reason. The hook on them these days is real nice, once the boat starts the handle will stay in for sure while they can use both hands/arms to work themselves up. It's been great with the couple different kids I've had on it who aren't ready to jump right into skis or a wakeboard yet.

That being said I need to find some trainer skis soon.

KG's Supra24
07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Makes my back hurt looking at it!

Are people jumping these? W2W?

dusty2221
07-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I grew up kneeboarding with my dad. Was a blast, but my knees can't take it anymore. Him and I used to go all day long wake to wake, 360's, huge sprays, spins in the flats, you name it. Some of my best memories are on a kneeboard.

lsvboombox
07-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Makes my back hurt looking at it!

Are people jumping these? W2W?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAZ6hcXP9zU&feature=related

talk about pain...

bergermaister
07-12-2011, 02:15 PM
That was always the big victory - to go W2W. Can't imagine trying that now with a little ballast filled! Watching that vid makes my knees, ankles, back, everything ache just looking at it.

I'm about 20-25yrs too old now for that kind of thing. I always liked the cutting out hard to the outside through a turn, flipping it sideways and just gliding across the glass. Could practically pass the boat doing that.

E4NASH
07-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice! We have the Hydroslide Havoc...My 5 year old LOVES kneboarding. I strap him in and hold the board and then off he goes!! Kid will go and go until you stop the boat. Saturday he was getting pretty confident out there pulling on the rope and going sideways and cutting a little...all intentional. His older bro 9 tried the kneeboard once and ate it pretty good and then didn't let go so he was drug a little ways and drank the lake. Now he is terrified of the thing. And to think he wanted me to buy him the $300 Ronix Vision board and bindings when I got mine..Daddy knows best ha ha! Hoping he'll see the lil guy out there tearing it up and give it another shot. I hope to have our 5 year old up on a wakeboard next summer.

If only I was as good on a wakeboard as I am on the kneeboard...wakeboard falls are so much harder!!