PDA

View Full Version : Hours per Year

plumcrazy
04-09-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm curious as to how much use your Moombas's get every year. I have a cottage on a lake in southern Maine that we try to get to every weekend from mid-June to mid September. Our first two years with the Outback we did about 45 hours/year.The last two with crappy weather we did about 25/year! I have to admit some of that was just me and wifey-poo putting around saying hello. We pull boarders Saturday and Sunday mornings for about two hours, and even then we alternate boats.
So go ahead all you year-rounders, let's hear it!
Dave

zabooda
04-10-2005, 02:48 AM
I put in around 50 hours per year. The boating season doesn't start here in eastern Washington state until mid June but lasts til October. I'd say about 30 hours are used on two one week camping trips and the rest of the hours around home. When I'm home, I just get out and ski and come back. With gas prices, I might do more of the later. My previous boat didn't have an hour meter and I was guessing more hours than I really got in. It depends on how the boat is used.

sextons
04-12-2005, 12:24 PM
We've had our Mobius LSV for two summers in Minnesota and have 170 hours on it so about 85 per year. Generally put it in mid May and pull it out in late Sept.

tripod
04-13-2005, 10:17 PM
it's funny how often i got out in my old ghetto boat, but since the end of may 04, i only have 100 hrs on my 04 XLV. and i've only been twice in the past 6 months.

J-Lawv
04-16-2005, 09:04 PM
our boating season here in ohio is from about may thru beginning of october on a really warm year with a wetsuit. Last year we got 65 hours in on our 04 XLV.

diehard
04-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Well, I guess we are the lucky ones !! Here in central Cali our season is from March till the end of Oct. We have a thousand miles of delta within 50 miles and a launch ramp 10 min from home. We go out after work a couple of times a week and every weekend (usually after the "weekend worriors" park 'em for the day) We have an'03 Mobius V that we have just started our 3rd season with and it has 515 hrs. We have had no problems with the engine or running gear, and have just done the routine maintinance.

stang67
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I have season from about mid-march (water temp at 43) to about late October, and have 255 hours on my outback. Only problems have been with the ballast system.