PDA

View Full Version : RE Forums Being Hacked

SC Ink
07-10-2011, 08:08 AM
From the "web master" (re-printed from Supra Forum):

Hello all, sorry about the extreme downtime of the site.. The server was in fact hacked pretty good.. No PII personal information was compromised. The server was hacked to inflict a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on a company in Canada. The internet is such a wonderful place sometimes...

We had two options, format the old server and restore from back-up files or have a brand new server built and transfer all the sites to the new box.. We decided it was going to take about the same time so we chose to go with a brand new server.. Either way, moving 150GB+ across any network connection does not go very fast...

sandm
07-10-2011, 10:48 AM
thanks for the update ed..

was a long boring couple of days :)

usaski1
07-10-2011, 11:00 AM
One differnce, not sure if this kept me out for longer than I thought, or if it has always been this way, but www.moomba.com does not work, where moomba.com does. Is this a change?

jester
07-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Dang hackers. Also going for a Canada compnay. What did Canada ever do to them? It is good to see the forms back up.

Grant M
07-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Good to see the site up and running, my wife was starting to worry about me pacing to and from the puter checking the site constantly... ahhh relief ha ha!
It's been raining for the last 3 days straight uuggh and no relief for the next couple of days, but then it's 2 weeks in the Okanagan! :D

jmvotto
07-10-2011, 02:09 PM
One differnce, not sure if this kept me out for longer than I thought, or if it has always been this way, but www.moomba.com does not work, where moomba.com does. Is this a change?

yes same for me the google search to the home page does not work either.:confused:

millerda68
07-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the work to get the site back up and running!

jmvotto
07-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Kudos to everyone who got the site up an also thanks for the update on facebook.

dmgx
07-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks for your patience all...

USASki1 and anyone else having issues seeing moomba.com with or without the "www" probably is caching the old location in the DNS cache.. Easiest way to resolve this is a simple reboot of your computer.. If your connecting through a business connection this information may be managed by by the network admin and in this case it may take 24 hours or so to resolve..

Welcome back everyone and sorry again for the downtime of the site...

kj

jmvotto
07-11-2011, 08:53 AM
KJ,

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!

The Roo Clan really appreciates all you do behind the scenes

ian ashton
07-11-2011, 10:06 AM
YAAAAAAAAY!

I was starting to get cold sweats.

2007 Outback V
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Never realized how much I visited the boards until I couldn't. I was scared for a little bit there. No worries, I'm not addicted or anything :rolleyes:.