PDA

View Full Version : wtb wakeboard for kids

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-05-2011, 09:34 PM
not sure if it'd be cheaper to buy new and bypass shipping or buy used from someone and pay for shipping but got some young ones i'm trying to get started boarding and need a good starter board....anyone have some old ones collecting dust that they wanna sell?

volfo
07-13-2011, 10:49 AM
I bought a "last year's model" CWB Charger 119 for my son a couple of years ago from boardersmall. Last year, did the same thing with a pink Liquid Force 124 or so for my daughter from evogear. Each time total cost was around 180-200 total with bindings and shipping, maybe a bit less. The best part of it all is that the Charger has the hinge tech bindings which make it easy for my son to get his own bindings on. The Liquid Force has some velcro bindings which are also good, but not nearly as good from that standpoint. I have to help my 8 year old daughter get hers on. One other thing, if I had it to do over again, I'd skip the 119 size and go to the 124ish size because his board is too small in the distance between the boots to fit in my board racks, but hers fits.

Hope this helps.

dusty2221
07-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I just bought my 4yo (turns 5 Tuesday) a Hyperlight Divine 119 and the Hyperlite Foundation bindings from wiredsport.com They have wakeboard packages that you can customize any board and boot combo you want that they offer. Total shipped ended up $169. The size of the board and boots should allow her 2 to 3 years of use, if not more! It's supposed to be here Friday, I'll post up pics when it gets here.

cachais
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I've done both the closeout and craigslist. The one's i've bought off craigslist were virtually new and i was able to use them for a season and resell them breaking even. Craigslist takes a bit of time though to find a good deal and you have to know what you are looking for. Good luck.

volfo
07-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Dusty, I bought my son his 119 charger for his 7th birthday and he just now turns 11. The 119 still works great. He weighs probably 75 pounds. I think that 119 will last your daughter a long time!