PDA

View Full Version : red sweatshirt + boat upholstry = mess...

Glanzer77
07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I think a friend had on a red sweatshirt and it may have been wet, and what I expect is dye off the sweatshirt, stained the backrest on my boat vinyal...anyone know how to get it off the seat?

cpatten
07-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I would recommend Marine Spray Nine, that stuff is great at getting out stains. :D

squeeg333
07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I've actually had this happen a few times, one was from me being smart and wiping the winyl down with a brand new neon green microfiber towel. I was pissed and had no idea how I was going to clean it... The color ended up oxidizing off of the vinyl, and you can't tell it was there at all. I can't say the same for color from a wet towel, but still, leaving it in the sun might help. That spray nine works good I hear though!

matt75
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM
i agree. Clean carefully with a mild abrasive, then let it sit in sun. make sure you apply some protectant afterwards

iwaterskihard
07-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Spray Nine........................the choice of boaters EVERYWHERE! :p

Good luck. Might take a wee bit of elbow grease but it should come out?

FamilyMatters
07-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I had a bright Yellow substance mysteriously appear after uncovering the boat one time no idea what or where it came from. No cleaner (Mean Green or Malco) would get it out so I got a little acetone on a white rag and it took it off. You have to flush it immediately with water, and I'd only use it on white vinyl cause I think it would take the color off. SO BE CAREFUL WITH IT!

Peace
Darren

Glanzer77
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys...I'll make my wife try it.

riderite
07-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Totally Awesome Orange from the 99 cent store.. Stuff works great...