PDA

View Full Version : Driving

snyderaaron
07-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Just started wakesurfing this year. Still not sure how to drive. Do you keep a gradual turn with the side you have weighted down or do you drive straight?

you da man
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Drive straight or if you have to turn ever so slightly the opposite of the surf wake...this adds a little curl if your wake is big enough or can help your rider catch up if falling too far back.

lsvboombox
07-05-2011, 03:08 PM
on my lsv the wave will loose its push when turning to the surf side.. we try to go straight as much as possible or gradually turn to surf side... on my lake its counterclockwise driving and we all surf regular...

cab13367
07-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Drive straight or if you have to turn ever so slightly the opposite of the surf wake...this adds a little curl if your wake is big enough or can help your rider catch up if falling too far back.

I don't agree with this. Turning opposite the surf side diminishes the wave in my experience. Turning slightly towards the surf side is ideal but going perfectly straight is just fine too. If your rider starts to fall back on the wave, turning slightly to the surf side can help them catch up if you do it soon enough.

kaneboats
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM
X2 what Al said. That's my experience as well.

you da man
07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't agree with this. Turning opposite the surf side diminishes the wave in my experience. Turning slightly towards the surf side is ideal but going perfectly straight is just fine too. If your rider starts to fall back on the wave, turning slightly to the surf side can help them catch up if you do it soon enough.

In my experience my pocket got longer and the wake actually curled, but then again I was using the XLV with 3,400lbs of ballast and the wake was tall and would curl. I've tried turning inside but the riders would fall back.