PDA

View Full Version : hate to say it-first bad experience with a SC owner

sandm
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
went to pull out sunday morning after camping for 4 days. our launch has 3 lanes to launch/retrieve. general flow is to come around to one side and form a line, do your thing, then pull out to the other side and back around. the side you pull out of has 2 lanes that you can stop and clean your boat in, unload peeps or the other side to drive off and leave.

we were coming up out of the ramp and here sits a solid black moomba xlv being towed by a blacked out chevy duramax with 35's and a huge lift. they are parked right in the middle of the way to head out of the ramp to the right as you are pulling out, and their entire crew, 8 or 9 peeps all around 25 or so are mulling around everywhere. had to maneuver some tight corners and cars to get around them, as did the next several boats/trailers out. it was apparent they knew they were in the middle of the road, but didn't care and were not willing to move for anyone... they had pulled into the back-up area cutting in front of everyone else in line and were waiting for the ramp to clear to launch.

would have stopped to show them how it works, but looking at their body language and what was going on, I think it would have been more successful to talk to my spare tire..

hoping they are not up there again :mad:

on a better note, ran into 2 ladies at another launch point on friday while waiting for the couple going surfing. they were sitting in a sweet wrapped supra. struck up a conversation and turns out it was a 1987 directdrive they had done a real nice wrap to. made the boat look brand new. complimented them on it and seemed that it made their morning :)
wish I would have had the camera with me. it was worthy of a pic..

kaneboats
07-05-2011, 11:09 AM
There will always be idiots. They will wonder why no one will stop to help or tow them in some time.

mmandley
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't blame the SC boat I blame them being Chevy Dura-crap owners lol

That poor XLV has no control of where she is pulled and parked.

jester
07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Do not blame SC blame inbreeding. Some days is it better to take a beer and chair to the boat ramp then a boat. You sit back and watch all the idiots, I mean speical people, trying to get on and off the water.

On a plus note sounds like you had a good 4 days on the water. Are we going to see photo's soon?

Razzman
07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Had a similar scenario happen a few years ago, a lifted dodge full of punk azz flat-billers complete w/ ho GFs cut a HUGE line at the ramp and retrieved ahead of approx 25 in line! We were sitting at the ramp watching the follies and when they pulled up everyone yells at them, they just flip everyone off and off they go to clean the boat.

So when we finally leave and as we're pulling to the gate the ranger stops us for our pass and who's behind us?! So we tell him what happened and he just smiles and says "well they won't be back this season!". Turns out he stopped them, chewed them out but good, took down the boat reg number and banned them from the lake the rest of the season! LOL! That should teach them a bit I would guess, next nearest lake was twice the distance!

viking
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM

I take offense to that Mike. Dipshits own/buy just about everything and are everywhere :D
Stupid will show up and surprise you when you least expect it!!

Just look at this guy:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11126

ha ha he he............ :p

sandm
07-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Vik,
I don't consider that stupid....
looks like the cfo in the house stopped him from buying a dodge. in my book, that's a huge win :)

bergermaister
07-05-2011, 04:21 PM
At my regular launch most of the guys there have absolutely no problem jumping out of their rig and charging over to rip your head off if you attempt to cut in line or cause problems. I'm a bit less confrontational, especially with kids on board, but one day I just had it after a 20 minute wait to see a little asian guy come wheeling in past the wait line and stop in the middle of the lanes and he and his buddies jump out and start loading up in the boat as if he were just going to go for it. I gave the throatiest "HEY YOU" I could muster up and flung my door open to go after him.

I take about three steps and this UFC fighter looking dude all tatt'd out down both arms jumps out of his bronco and goes cruising right past me. I look to my other side and two other guys are out, all throwing their arms up in the air and making their way towards the guys.

Let's just say the uninvited guest in his crappy little Bayliner bailed outta there pretty quickly and we never saw him all day.

mmandley
07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I take offense to that Mike. Dipshits own/buy just about everything and are everywhere :D
Stupid will show up and surprise you when you least expect it!!

Just look at this guy:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11126

ha ha he he............ :p

Haha what a jerk buying a Powerjoke lol

It's all fun just razzing the chevy diesel guys lol

moombadaze
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
^^at least you have a diesel, even its a ford

tazz3069
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM

That poor XLV has no control of where she is pulled and parked.

My Dura Max pulls just fine. Its the idiots that think they can drive one let alone own one.

mmandley
07-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Honestly I love all three Ford Chevy and Dodge diesels they each have there good and bad points and I could have bought a Chevy or Dodge the day I bought mine but the truck was there when I was ready to buy

viking
07-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Same here! They all have issues that are positive/negative.
I just know one thing for sure...............I'll never go back to a gasser tow rig :D

KG's Supra24
07-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Same here! They all have issues that are positive/negative.
I just know one thing for sure...............I'll never go back to a gasser tow rig :D

X2 ... I'll second that. Got to pull the boat through the mountains for Brostock and the duramax didn't even flinch. Not even comparable to the tow with the 6.0 gasser last year.

rdlangston13
07-11-2011, 03:46 PM
My gasser does alright, I want to go to brostock next summer so that will be the real test. As of now I cant justify the cost of a diesel and I just flat out can't afford one. Heard alot of good write ups on the new ford ecoboost on wake world