PDA

View Full Version : IBS ballast question

TL7
07-04-2011, 10:37 PM
For those of you who have the IBS installed in an LSV, do you have issues with the cupholders popping up? I've tried moving the bag as far forward as I can, but it still will pop the cupholders up if filled too full. I'm going to look into creating a false wall of some kind to keep the bag out from under the cupholders, but was curious if I'm the only one having this issue.

lsvboombox
07-05-2011, 08:27 AM
yes if I fill it all the way the cup holders do pop out...

mmandley
07-05-2011, 12:00 PM
YuP same issue Lookng forward to what you come up with

sandm
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
cupholders???

what are those for? if you're drinking your adult beverage fast enough, you don't need them :)

jester
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
It is like the turkey poper you use when cooking a turkey. It pops up when it is done. Same idea goes with the cup holders. Now that was some creative thought on SC's side.

squeeg333
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I have only tried out my IBS a few times this year on Saturday, but I was having more of an issue getting it full. My ski locker sack was still filled part of the way with air. Granted it was the first time filling the system up, and I didn't take care in helping the air get out of it that first time.
The ski locker sack made the door pop open because of the air, but luckily would continue to fill the bow sack. While it was filling, I was getting a fair amount of water coming from the empty port for the ski locker off the side of the boat. It was still filling the bow sack, but certainly not as fast as it could have been.

You guys have any advice on how to get it filled better? I have the spring check valve as Newty showed in his 'how to' and a vent line off the nose port of the bow sack.

Thanks in advance!

TL7
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Squeeg - I added a 4th pump (reversible) to my IBS, so it's independent of the center sack.

lsvboombox
07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
squeeg, i went the money/time saver route and used the mastercraft 2 port manifold and can independently control the ibs and ski locker sacs.... i wanted the ability to control the sacs independently but didnt wanted to drill/install a 4th pump and do all the wiring as well as spend all the money...