PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramp fun

04OUTBACK
07-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I am sure there are some good stories for the weekend. Mine was no fun. Drove 40 minutes Sunday aft to go to the lake I lived on last year. Get to ramp parking entrance to be greeted with attendant who says no parking. You can drop off but gotta take vehicle.... Bummer. But the further I got from there and pulled up to my old friends on lake, and saw the Tons of boats, rollers and mess, I decided it was a great blessing to sit on his dock, drink, and relax.
Went to Canandaigua lake today and traffic was so bad I couldn't get into harbor......traffic pattern was jacked to make it "better" so I drove 15 miles to the south end. 2 boats waiting and got a parking spot! Finally.

Good thing I gave in to the fever Friday afternoon and got in a few sets before the crowds arrived.

Hope all had a good weekend. We hosted some friends whose MC is in for service and met up with our Supra friend. Had a small sc party.

jmvotto
07-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Brad, Keuka was not any better. sunday got out from te cottage took a cruise and a swim. boats all over. today got the girls up boarding but it was pretty crazy with boaters. rollers and wind. need some weekday evening time at the lake to ride.

Shooter
07-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Wasn't really as bad as I expected here. Today was awesome. Everyone goes to the Red River to watch the fireworks, so we headed out to the lake. Not as crowded as a normal weekend would be. Only prob was we had some serious storms roll in around 8pm and the lightening made us put it back on the trailer.

moombadaze
07-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I have no idea how are lake was, didnt even attemp to go or go over and see after being passed on the road by a truck full kids and tubes headed to the ramp, just not the weekend to go out. But the pool was nice and empty ;)