PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass

chrismay
07-04-2011, 12:19 AM
My perfect pass is no longer reading a speed. It will set-up on the RPM mode but not on the slalom and wake board set-up.

I tried to reset it, but it won't. I hold down the menu and the on/off for 5+ seconds, but it won't reset.

I haven't looked at the paddle wheel (as the boat is happily bobbing in my marina), but I find it odd that it won't reset.

Any ideas?

Shooter
07-04-2011, 01:12 AM
I think you have to be holding the on/off and menu buttons when you turn on the key, then continue to hold them for 5 seconds or so.

jester
07-04-2011, 02:50 PM
You might also want to check the connections going to the PP main unit. For mine it is under the dash right behind the wheel. it is a black box that says Perfect Pass. There should be two sets of wires going into it.

For the Reset of Perfect pass wakeboard pro
"Turn key On and quickly press and hold "On/OFF" and "Menu Keys" together for about 5 seconds until [System Resrt ^ = YES ] appears. Answer the questions including Yes to [Wakeboard Only ^ = Yes].

Page 11 of the perfect Pass manual.
http://www.perfectpass.com/download/usersmanuals/UserManual.WakeboardProGraphics6.5Ng.mechanical.pd f

chrismay
07-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.

I did as you guys suggested and got the system to reset, but still no mph readout.

I pulled my boat and checked the paddle wheel and it spinned freely so I can rule that out.

I double checked the connections (nothing loose) and then called Perfect Pass and they said to send the unit in. Not the best solution but at least it is one.

thanks again for your help

utilityvehicle
07-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I had some similar issues but it depends on your boat model and year. Talked to perfect pass on my 2007 OBV and they said it was common for the chip inside the black box to vibrate loose. I pulled the cover off and just pushed everything tight as you really can't see much any ways. Put the cover back on and it has been perfect since. The guys at PP said it was common in 2007 and were real awesome to deal with

chrismay
07-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I just talked to the guys at perfect pass and they said the unit was tested and it is fine.
Apparently it is likely low voltage at the paddle wheel.
Somehow the connectors on 2006's are crappy and are known to have problems......so now I have to dig around and find where the problem is.

Any suggestions on how to test the voltage at the paddle wheel? Or even where to look for it? Do I need to take out the floor to find it or can I get to it from the engine compartment?

thanks for the suggestions.

bludpumper
07-15-2011, 01:40 PM
If this is not helpful please disregard... I recently purchased the GPS unit for my PP unit and I can't tell you how happy I am with it. it is so consistent and easy to use.
I know this doesn't help your immediate problem but might be helpful if you are looking for other options. Best of luck hope you figure it out!