PDA

View Full Version : Leaky docking lights?

loudsubz
07-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Seems water was coming in from the docking lights on our 2010 lsv. We went for a cruise tonight and had the bow loaded and forgot to empty the centre sac. It was running low and we noticed some water on the floor but the seats were dry. Upon further inspection it seemed damp behind the docking lights under the front seat and down the back carpet on the sides. Anyone ever have this issue? Is it a lack of sealant around the light?

mmandley
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
There's no sealant on the docking lights due to they need to be removed to replace the bulbs. You can remove the chrome cover caps, then remove the light fixture it's self. Realy easy just a few screws, now you can see why it's leaking, missing gasket or gasket is off center. Maybe the whole light is just loose.

Other wise buy some thin soft rubber or foam and use the light as a template and make new seals.

Hillbilly
07-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Mine leaked also and I usually run 1100 lbs in the nose....So I just kept a decent seal of silicone and its been working.

Leaky lights and stupid staples poking everyone in the arm on the observer seat back are the only 2 complaints I have with my LSV.

viking
07-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I get water in the floor of the bow every now and then as well and suspected the docking lights were the culprit. I have yet to pull them apart though to inspect or fix! Probably a winter project for this year!

jeilers1
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Docking lights leak. Mine had white sealant from the factory on maybe 50% of the perimeter. Resealed myself with silicone....wet floor gone.

schuylski
07-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Agree with above... have the same thing on my 2010 mobius lsv. Easy fix... i like those Check :D