PDA

View Full Version : Surfboard demo or swap?

TL7
07-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I have a 5' Grindwater Ginsu. I'm wanting to try a different board (same style - a surfer not skim) but here in the Houston area there just aren't any places that rent demo boards. I figure for the same price as a demo I can ship my board to someone and they could do the same, if anyone is willing. I've seen posts on the Lakewakes, TWP, Triple X, etc brands and would love to demo and possibly buy one.

Does anyone have something like this or similar that you want to possibly sell? I'm 5'11" and 185. My wife has a Props (pro model) that we bought in Austin. It's just a bit smaller than my Ginsu, but it has a single fin. If it were an inch or so longer it would be perfect - I just have to work really hard when it's just the two of us in the boat. When we have a full boat and a killer wave it's a blast, but we go out just the two of us and the hound quite a bit and it's a pain with the external sacs. There's a link below for the PROPS boards to give an idea of the style I'm currently riding (Pro model), along with the Ginsu.

http://www.propswakesurfers.com/boards.php

I'm sure trust would be a big factor in this effort, and I have no problems paypaling a deposit up front. I'm not in the business of ripping people off, but being a message board and the fact that I've only met one person here in person I can understand that trust is earned; it's not entitled.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'm ready to step it up a notch surfing and I want to ride as many boards as I can to find the one I'm most comfortable with. Who knows, maybe the first one I ride will be the one! Anyone interested?

in the bubble
07-01-2011, 10:29 PM
If yur by the cypress area then look up Michael Johnson on the supra forum . Hr just bought a 4.8 board that would fit you well.

Mark

rdlangston13
07-01-2011, 10:39 PM
hopefully that one person you met on the boards was a pretty trust worthy guy!

btw, the jam is coming up, you and the wife should really come up if for at least 1 day!

TL7
07-01-2011, 11:11 PM
The guy I met seemed ok other than his cap. ;)

After a 5-7 season, I guess I'm in no position to judge though!

We'd love to hit the jam, but we're leaving next Saturday for our Portland / Seattle trip and we'll most likely be flat exhausted when we get back. Who knows maybe we'll catch a second wind.

kaneboats
07-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Go hang with our Portland and Seattle buds on here and check out their boards. Lotsa good guys up that way.