PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Gatherings

SC Ink
07-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Sound out Moomba Owners!

What type of owners' event interest you most?

Wild and frenzied BROstock type or the more causal and family oriented Owners Reunions?

Lets hear your thoughts.

See you on the water in 2012!!

phospher
07-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm a family man with a 3 year old and a daughter on the way. So family friendly better suits me. But that doesn't mean we can't have a great time with a few drinks :)

2008 Outback DD
Milwaukee Wi

wolfeman131
07-01-2011, 01:38 PM
My kiddos are learning way too much from the TV and radio as it is. So, no BROstock for us, just good family fun is what we like.

New Guy
07-01-2011, 02:54 PM
As an unmarried childless boat owner BROstock PARTY!!!:D

moombadaze
07-01-2011, 03:08 PM
No brostock here.
Family friendly for us, but family needs to call and check first for room available in the boat. Always have room for friends

Suprahunter
07-01-2011, 03:11 PM
The personal reunions are the best. No Brostock here.

cab13367
07-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Family oriented for me as well.

rdlangston13
07-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Brostock format! but i would still attend a family oriented gathering if i was able

Razzman
07-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I would attend whatever, unfortuneatly they are never within acceptable towing distance from me. They always seem to be in Arizona for the west coast, why is that?

zabooda
07-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Family oriented myself even though my family is all grown up. I like the ability to talk to others and do some board stuff. I would recommend having a national event each year in a different part of the country with a three year look ahead schedule so people can plan to attend whether it is by plane, train, automobile or boat.

Razzman
07-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe just me but if I can't take the boat, I ain't going. :cool:

bergermaister
07-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Brostock or Familystock - is it too much to ask for both? Two sides of the lake - one rated PG, the other, well....

I guess I'm on the fringe of being too old for Brostock type of stuff so if I had to choose I'd say Family Gathering. I'm sure my kids would appreciate that.

moombadaze
07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
^^kinda thought I was on that fringe too, until about 2 weekends ago, Im strapping on the wakeboard and a "old" guy goes past me and yells out "old guys rule". Quess the mind still thinks young but the body is saying otherwize, errrrrr.

bergermaister
07-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah - when we camped with another group of families we'd pull all the hot dog teenagers for a while. Then we'd drop them off so we could have an "old fat guys" set. I didn't want to be a part of that group necessarily but I'll be damned if I was going to line up next to all these teenagers throwing railees and inverts like they're nothing...

jpetty3023
07-01-2011, 08:15 PM
I guess I'm about 6 years out of my prime with the 3 greatest kids ever. Add there friends and I have to say familystock. But maybe the wife would a guys trip with my 13 year old son and we can do a brostock!!! I'll get back to ya on her reply:-|

davinci
07-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Married with 3 kids 17 boy 15 boy and 13 girl...BRo stock all the way baby whooooooo !!

rdlangston13
07-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah - when we camped with another group of families we'd pull all the hot dog teenagers for a while. Then we'd drop them off so we could have an "old fat guys" set. I didn't want to be a part of that group necessarily but I'll be damned if I was going to line up next to all these teenagers throwing railees and inverts like they're nothing...

i am 23 and have not even figured out how to clear the wake yet so dont feel bad.

jester
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Brostock or Familystock - is it too much to ask for both? Two sides of the lake - one rated PG, the other, well....

I guess I'm on the fringe of being too old for Brostock type of stuff so if I had to choose I'd say Family Gathering. I'm sure my kids would appreciate that.

The problem is we will be on the Brostock side having a great time and the family man will be trying to find a way to join us. That is kind of evil to do to all the members with familys.

bergermaister
07-02-2011, 02:22 AM
We'll just have to live vicariously through you and your photobucket filled posts to the board.

"Whatcha lookin at dad?"
"Huh? Oh, uh nothing! Just boat stuff... What are you doing out here? Get back to bed!"

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the Brostock NSFW photobucket link that Dusty was going to throw up?

moombadaze
07-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Speaking of that, what ever happened to the Brostock NSFW photobucket link that Dusty was going to throw up?

a yeh what he said :rolleyes:

SC Ink
07-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Your contributions are being heard and noted!

Sounds as if The Moomba Family would like an event(s) that entertains kids all ages in a wholesome manner

One idea has been tossed around that we combine the traditional Owners Reunion, "rafting up", and entertainment provided by the Skiers Choice Athletes.

The team members would also agree to get up close and personal by showing off their talents by riding behind the boat of anyone who so desired - with a team member driving your boat.

PLenty of time to plan, so keep your great ideas coming.

Do us a favor - get out on the water this weekend and get back here next week with photos of how you enjoy your Supra or Moomba.

Sunrise and sunsets in the background would be awesome. If your camping, try to show the boat and your campsite in the background. You get the idea.

Please note that by posting your photo here you agree that the photo may be republished anywhere without notification.

See You On The Water!

moombadaze
07-02-2011, 08:01 AM
ink--if you can tell us a little bit about yourself

wolfeman131
07-02-2011, 08:53 AM
I have a suspicion SC Ink may live in Clermont, FL. Only 1 guy I know of with a roo tattoo.

moombadaze
07-02-2011, 08:54 AM
you think :rolleyes:

wolfeman131
07-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Early morning post also lends to my assumption.

DOCDRS
07-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Its always great to have new and old enthusiastic members back and on the forum. :)

jpetty3023
07-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Whoa that's kinda creepy in a virtual kinda way. Your EdG one day then SCink next week!! Welcome back "SCEdINK"

jester
07-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Please note that by posting your photo here you agree that the photo may be republished anywhere without notification.

I do not like this. You can at least let us know if your going to use one of our photo's. Does this mean I need to get back to water marking my photo's because that takes time.

moombadaze
07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
You know, we could be wrong in this assumption

skiyaker
07-02-2011, 10:29 AM
he was born of the moomba roo for the moomba people
he walked amongst his people until they turned on him and banished him from the promised land/water
he died a painful moomba forum death
and then on the second week he rose again to lead his people back to the watersports activities and gatherings for which boats were intended

and wolfeman collects the 5 moomba bonus points

wolfeman131
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
You know, we could be wrong in this assumption

Yes, I know. I am often wrong. And remember what your Momma told ya, "to assume makes an ASS out of U and ME." Time will tell.

davinci
07-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Hmmmmm Wolfeman I wonder why no response from Ink since the assumption??

SC Ink
07-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Morning fellows!

Hey - you think on a holiday weekend that I'm not gonna be out on a Skiers Choice product too??

Actually had a funny experience - got pulled over by the Sheriff's Marine Patrol.

From a distance they saw me surfing and thought I was riding on the platform of the boat. They came closer, watched for a few moments and then turned on their lights and siren.

We stopped, they came over and said: "Sorry to make you stop, but we just wanted to tell you that is the coolest thing we ever saw!"

Then they asked politely if everybody had life jackets and sped away.

Great day to be a Supra or Moomba owner.

So....let's get going posting those photos, and yes you need to drop the assumptions - although I do know who your are referring to, and I'll take that as a compliment!

See You On The Water!!

SC Ink
07-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Sorry for the additional post, but forgot to address one thing...

Skiers Choice actually has a few "Maniacs" that have the Roo tattoo.

Most of the Maniacs never post on the forums, and two board members that have tattoos are:

the former "Ed G" and... let us not forget - Buttafewcoe!! :)

Later. In 15 minutes, I'll be surfing again.

wolfeman131
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Butta hasn't been on the boards for years. It would take someone that had been on for a long time to remember that dude. First post I ever read on the board was "Butta's Boat."

I only know of a Sheriff's Marine Patrol in FL.

Just saying . . . .

Virginia
07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Sorry Darling,

You can find Sherriff's Marine Patrol anywhere between Florida and the great state of Washington.

Here's Michigan's:

http://www.co.huron.mi.us/marinepatrol.asp

wolfeman131
07-03-2011, 09:00 AM
my mistake. won't be the first, or last, time.

and I'm tired and bored playing detective as I really couldn't care who SC Ink is.

SURF's UP! See ya on the H2O.

Virginia
07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
So sorry, didn't mean to make light of your hunches and your marvelous detective work.

I know about the marine patrols because my spouse works for the Allegheny County Sherriff's Dept and her patrol, which is 5 days a week, is on the Monongahela River between Pittsburgh and Dravosburg.

I'm sure you understand that sometimes it's really tough to get her to get out on the boat on weekends!

wolfeman131
07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
No worries or need to apologize, I didn't take any offense and was glad to learn something new. In GA, all we see on our lake is Dept of Natural Resource officers.

rdlangston13
07-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Texas state game wardens here. although the last time we went out the coast guard was checking every boat at the launch before we got in. now i have a sticker on my window that says i am coast guard approved! and they check EVERYTHING

SC Ink
07-04-2011, 07:04 AM
So how is everyones weekend going?

Another strange event yesterday...

stopped at the boat ramp area for a bathroom break and there was a boat laying on the concrete ramp with the trailer in front of it.

The upset owners had a little pow wow and then someone came up with a brilliant plan...they pushed the boat into the water with the trailer.

You never heard such a god awfull noise of fiberglass and metal being pushed down a concrete ramp. There were even sparks flying (4th of July afterall).

We left after they got the boat in the water and headed towards the bar.

Today we stay home and enjoy a peacefull and quiet day in our pool.

So any who...yes, I'm back on the boards (good job Drew) and have adopted a new character in this soap opera.

It actually took 3 weeks to convince Rick T to let "Ed G" die off. He didn't want that. He kept telling me "wait another week and see how you feel then."

I assured him that I was not leaving the boards and that I would adopt a character that kind of acts as a Liason between factory and the owners.

I declined the suggestion to remain as a Moomba Moderator, but I still am a Moderator on the Supra forums...can't give that up - the name "Supra" carries clout and it's a great way to solicit donations for Owner's events!!

So Seriously...lets see some photos of you, your family and your Skiers Choice product!

moombadaze
07-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Glad your back.

Once watched a guy load his wave runner in the bed of his truck, half way up the ramp and bam, its sitting on the ramp-didnt wait around to see how he got it back in the bed

sandm
07-04-2011, 10:46 AM
glad to see that sc ink is posting. hoping to see many early morning random posts again and where wise chips will show up.. still have not ever seen them..

anyway, just got back from 4 days of camping on the lake. water was cold-58 on the day below, but nice. got one day of surfing in on friday and just chilled the rest of the days. came home early to relax before going back to work for 1 day then off to pick up the mom-unit in vegas and drive her back for 3 weeks..
pic below was the first time gf surfed this year and first time in a wetsuit. was a lot of fun. thank you skiers again for another solid weekend of jumping in the boat and firing up first time.....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/SDC11193.jpg

and fwiw, I have met the cops in florida and unfortunately, I can't type the word that begins with A and ends with SSHOLES...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/100_2537.jpg

cab13367
07-04-2011, 11:14 AM
So any who...yes, I'm back on the boards (good job Drew) and have adopted a new character in this soap opera.

Ed, it's my sincere hope that your new character will not be a character at all but a true reflection of who you really are as from what I have heard from people that have met you, you really are a good guy.

Welcome back. As passionate as you are about boating and the Skier's Choice brand, I knew you would not be able to stay away for long.

Al

rdlangston13
07-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I met a guy offshore who had a tahoe runabout. he had been out on the water drinking a fair amount one day and when they loaded it up they did not latch the strap on the bow, boat got about half way up the ramp before falling on the concrete and cracking the hull.

SC Ink
07-04-2011, 01:33 PM
"Ed, it's my sincere hope that your new character will not be a character at all but a true reflection of who you really are."

Al, I know people on here who, when their families don't want to go out on the boat with them, they actually think to themselves "boy... if such and such from the boards were here, I'd be out having a great time".

Gotta keep things in perspective. We ALL are just characters in this story and one must understand that real life should come 1st.

Look at this thread...someone was actually on here at 8:30 PM on a Saturday night wondering why I wasn't responding. Seriously, think about it...That is just plain pathetic.

and lets get one thing straight right from the get go...

You will find that people who come from a state that borders one of the great lakes are not 2 faced on how they deal with others.

We will not be nice to you in person and then talk behind your back.

We will tell you right up front we do not like what your doing or saying and then we expect to work it out...and become great friends for life.

That's the way I am, and the way I like others to be.

I ain't gonna give long drawn out explanations to anything (except for this post)

Ever see 2 guys from Pittsburgh get into a fist fight? It ain't pretty. Bloody as hell. One will beg the other to quit getting up. And then when it's all over, the one who does the begging buys the beer...and then they both end up friends for life.

amen.

Good god it's the 4th of July!! Everybody go grill some damn hot dogs and get off the internet!!

Post those pictures!!

jpetty3023
07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Welcome back big EdG. Since this is all a "story" can I get ya to sign your signature as SCEdINK....? The best from the past, and the future my friend!!

cab13367
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
"Ed, it's my sincere hope that your new character will not be a character at all but a true reflection of who you really are."

Al, I know people on here who, when their families don't want to go out on the boat with them, they actually think to themselves "boy... if such and such from the boards were here, I'd be out having a great time".

Gotta keep things in perspective. We ALL are just characters in this story and one must understand that real life should come 1st.

Look at this thread...someone was actually on here at 8:30 PM on a Saturday night wondering why I wasn't responding. Seriously, think about it...That is just plain pathetic.

and lets get one thing straight right from the get go...

You will find that people who come from a state that borders one of the great lakes are not 2 faced on how they deal with others.

We will not be nice to you in person and then talk behind your back.

We will tell you right up front we do not like what your doing or saying and then we expect to work it out...and become great friends for life.

That's the way I am, and the way I like others to be.

I ain't gonna give long drawn out explanations to anything (except for this post)

Ever see 2 guys from Pittsburgh get into a fist fight? It ain't pretty. Bloody as hell. One will beg the other to quit getting up. And then when it's all over, the one who does the begging buys the beer...and then they both end up friends for life.

amen.

Good god it's the 4th of July!! Everybody go grill some damn hot dogs and get off the internet!!

Post those pictures!!

Ed, you totally miss my point. I'm taking this offline, will send you a PM.

SC Ink
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey jpetty!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with the moniker I have chosen.

Yes. Let's move on and look forward to great times ahead of us.

I'm absolutely positive they are on our horizon!

Oh, Al got your PM. Dude... you really need to unpucker that arse of yours :)

Your gonna end up with a stroke taking things so damn seriously. Relax. Chill.

cab13367
07-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey jpetty!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with the moniker I have chosen.

Yes. Let's move on and look forward to great times ahead of us.

I'm absolutely positive they are on our horizon!

Oh, Al got your PM. Dude... you really need to unpucker that arse of yours :)

Your gonna end up with a stroke taking things so damn seriously. Relax. Chill.

Same old Ed. So glad you're no longer a mod. Like someone else said, mission accomplished! Happy Independence (from Ed) Day :)

SC Ink
07-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks Dude! Hope you had a great weekend too.

Mine was a lot of fun. I'm glad to get back to work and get some rest.

Do keep in mind that the mod decision was solely between Rick T and I, was completely up to me to make, and the moderator door has been left open in case I decide to return in the future. All it takes is one email.

For now, I'm happy being a Supra Moderator.

Soooooooooo, where were we ?

Oh yea... Let's get those holiday photos posted!!

LakePerson1952
07-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Family oriented myself even though my family is all grown up. I like the ability to talk to others and do some board stuff. I would recommend having a national event each year in a different part of the country with a three year look ahead schedule so people can plan to attend whether it is by plane, train, automobile or boat.

Good suggestions - all! I too like to be able to talk and hear the person I'm talking to. Advance planning would be real nice.

wolfeman131
07-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Advance planning would be real nice.

Ah, Richard, I see you have only 5 posts so you have yet to learn that your request will be quite the challenge for this crew! :p

I vote for Des Moines next weekend!

rc5695
07-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Sound out Moomba Owners!

What type of owners' event interest you most?

Wild and frenzied BROstock type or the more causal and family oriented Owners Reunions?

Lets hear your thoughts.

See you on the water in 2012!!

I'm all about family ;)