PDA

View Full Version : Got a new wakeboard this morning *pic*

deafgoose
06-30-2011, 11:34 AM
2010 Ronix Viva 136 on eBay for $242 + shipping. (no blemishes)

The board was stuck in transit due to the Canada Post strike. I got it before the weekend so I am happy!

The board includes 1.0" bolt-in fins but I am going to get some 0.6" or 0.8" fins to replace them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26003034/ronix-viva.jpg

brain_rinse
06-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Great board! I bet you'll love it. I went with .8s on my One board and it was perfect.

deafgoose
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Great board! I bet you'll love it. I went with .8s on my One board and it was perfect.

Good to know. I prefer the feel of a "loose" board.

I wish the board included the smaller fins from the factory. It just seems like another cash grab.

Nobody in Canada keeps them in stock so its gonna cost me an extra $60 to get the fins shipped from Evo.

brain_rinse
06-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Fins are tough to find anywhere... and yeah way too much $$$. I was lucky enough to have 4 .8 fins from old Hyperlite boards (same bolt pattern.) I had thought about just grinding down the 1" Ronix fins, not sure if that would work.

deafgoose
06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Fins are tough to find anywhere... and yeah way too much $$$. I was lucky enough to have 4 .8 fins from old Hyperlite boards (same bolt pattern.) I had thought about just grinding down the 1" Ronix fins, not sure if that would work.

That could work but I need a 0.8" slider fins anyway because I sometimes go to the cable park and they dont allow metal fins. The 0.8's are fiberglass.

Inliner
07-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Go to buywake.com, they have oodles of fins. I use Rainbow fiberglass myself on my wakeskate. That is where I get mine from.

deafgoose
07-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Go to buywake.com, they have oodles of fins. I use Rainbow fiberglass myself on my wakeskate. That is where I get mine from.

Thanks but I will be ordering them from Evo because they use FedEx with pre-paid duty/tax/brokerage in the shipping cost.

You guys are so lucky to live in the US. We pay so much more for the same stuff and out dollar is stronger! :rolleyes:

deafgoose
07-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Just got back from testing out my new board.

With the 1.0" fins, the board feels loose enough for me. I was surprised because if I had 0.8" fins, I would have never even tried the 1.0" fins.

The boards has an incredible amount of pop. I also noticed that after landing my jumps, I am maintaining all that speed so the board is also very fast.

I am 100% satisified with my choice and I dont expect to be upgrading for years!

07-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Ya, that is a nice fast board. I rode the Covin (Chad Sharpe's model before the Viva) and I really liked the speed of it. The speed carries nice into the landings and it has very consistent pop.

I was surprised you wanted to change the fins originally, I like the 1" fins myself.

Got to get some pics out on the water now.

Ian Brantford
07-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I am looking at the current Ronix Viva on wakeside.com. There are now variations that have a wide price range -- Sintered, Atr Edition, Tungsten. The desriptions all sound to me like the same rubbish as is used to sell stereo cables. Can anyone tell me how these differ in a functional way?

deafgoose
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I am looking at the current Ronix Viva on wakeside.com. There are now variations that have a wide price range -- Sintered, Atr Edition, Tungsten. The desriptions all sound to me like the same rubbish as is used to sell stereo cables. Can anyone tell me how these differ in a functional way?

Sintered means a snowboard type bottom so that its way more durable on rails. If you dont spend much time at the cable park, its a waste of money.

Not sure about ATR or Tungsten.

I have the 2010 Viva so the "ATR and Tungsten" options did not apply to me. I got it off eBay for $280 shipped USPS Priority.