PDA

View Full Version : connelly concept slalom/sidewinder bindings

Shooter
06-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Any opinions on this combo? I'm looking at getting a new slalom and this has caught my eye for some reason. I'd consider myself an intermediate skier. Not much course time anymore, but still like to cut like I'm on one.

Mikey
06-29-2011, 09:06 PM
The Concept is/was a ski i was interested in a couple years ago. Luckily i had a chance to try someones before i bought one. I'm not sure if this person changed things around but i found it really was NOT the ski for me.

I researched a little more and demoed another brand and was more satisfied. I'm since on a second ski from that brand. Not to pick on Connely at all. I have also noticed and have since found out that there are a few Higher end skis ,rated to Pro levels that are actually very forgiving to the intermediate skier as well,so don't discount them as well.

I'm sure others will chime in but this is my .02 worth on this topic.

Lots of good skis out there,now just too find one to suit you. DEMO if you can.

maxpower220
06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
I too purchased a Concept, as I had heard so many great things about it. However, it was not the ski for me. I do have a Connelly FX, which is a great ski for the intermediate rider. It is a shaped ski, so it carves "for you". The tip and tail are larger, so it makes getting up easier too. That ski has been around for a while and you can get great deals on them from some of the online shops (Overtons/Barts).

Haven't tried the bindings. I have Connelly Draft and they rock.

iwaterskihard
06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
If you can like the others said DEMO before you buy! There is lots of choices from all the manufacturers and all are unique in their own way.
I for one am not a fan of Connelly but that's just my personal opinion as I couldn't find a ski in their line that I liked riding.
It's a pretty big investment and not one to take lightly as you will be the one riding it!
Try before you buy!
Good luck let us know what you purchased!

Shooter
06-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately I'm not in an area with many watersport shops. We have a few boat dealers that sell run of the mill pairs, a few wakeboards, and every once in a while you may find a surfboard or skate local. Anyway, finding a demo may be tuff. I will make a few calls to the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Maybe I can find someone willing to ship me a demo or work with me some other way. Thanks for the help.

ChrisK
06-30-2011, 12:30 PM
I've had a Concept for like 3 years now and it's been good to me. However, I'm not that great, just for reference my PB is like 2 balls at 32 mph, 15 off.

But, for who I am, it's been very good, I've never felt limited to getting better on it, if I'm not skiing well it's definitely my fault and not the ski, which to me is a good confidence to have. Also, I'd be wary about the hinge-tech bindings. While they are VERY NICE to get on and off your feet, mine have deteriorated rather rapidly and so did my ex-girlfriend's.

Also, I noticed you're in Louisiana and, while it's a long drive, you're not too far from Bennett's ski school over in Zachary. If you wanted to make a small trip, ski some great water and demo skis, that would be the place to do it.