PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate not working on 04 Outback

Mateyk
06-29-2011, 05:45 PM
My wakeplate is not functioning this season. It worked fine before storage. It appears to have power at the steering wheel.

squeeg333
06-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Many on this board have had this issue in the past. Check all the crimp connectors at the steering wheel. These tend to work themselves loose over time, I think especially if you use the tilt steering wheel often. The culprit on mine was the yellow wire. It's a tight squeeze, but take a look there.

maxpower220
07-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Many on this board have had this issue in the past. Check all the crimp connectors at the steering wheel. These tend to work themselves loose over time, I think especially if you use the tilt steering wheel often. The culprit on mine was the yellow wire. It's a tight squeeze, but take a look there.

Mine had that same problem. If I tilt the wheel up a few times, the lowest wire on the connection can/will work its way loose.

Now, to get me some Oakleys.

Mateyk
07-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks I'll check all the but splices and conectors. I just recently had my speedo not working as well! I checked under hull to see if there was blockage and the wheels spin freely. i'm wondering if i have a wiring issue now with my wakeplate not working as well. Is there any fuses for these areas. Is there any schematics available?