PDA

View Full Version : aware tsc 55 install help?

jmvotto
06-29-2011, 08:08 AM
I got a new aeware tsc 55 black for Dads day. It have the backlit wiring for it. so i am going to move the white no back lit tone o the stern and mount the black one at the helm. anyone have experience wiring the lighetd part Pos, neg and switch wire. Is the best place to do it off the navigation switch with jumpers?

http://shopmarineelectronics.com/marine_remotes/tsc_55.htm

04OUTBACK
06-29-2011, 08:59 AM
If you could find the wiring for anything on your dash that lights up with lights on, that might be easier.. (Speedo, Tach, etc)
mine is not lighted so i didn't cross that bridge..

may require long wire, but one option is to tie into the Anchor light socket that is on the starboard side of boat.. that is where I tied into for my LED's

cab13367
06-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Joe, trace your existing remote wires back to the quick connect under the dash and see if there is a 4th wire that is not hooked up. If so, that should be for the backlight. My quick connect has 4 wires that all go to the remote and the backlight is tied to the Nav/ANC switch that way.

myster
06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Gotta tell ya, when i bought my boat, there was big problems with the kenwood head unit/remote interface. In short, those remotes would not control anything. I was there all day while they tried about 6 different head units and remotes. I wasn't leaving w/o getting what I paid for so they had to go to an electronics store and get a sony head unit and remote. I now have a kenwood " ornament " mounted near the helm, and a VERY nice sony system with lighted remote mounted by the throttle in an even more convenient location....just sayin!!!

jmvotto
06-29-2011, 04:29 PM
If you could find the wiring for anything on your dash that lights up with lights on, that might be easier.. (Speedo, Tach, etc)
mine is not lighted so i didn't cross that bridge..

may require long wire, but one option is to tie into the Anchor light socket that is on the starboard side of boat.. that is where I tied into for my LED's
Brad when did you get LED's;)

I thought about the anchor light ( which is now a 12v outlet Thanks AL), but i am putting the lighted one in the helm and the white non lighted one on the transom so i only need the remote extensions wire to the back of the boat.

Joe, trace your existing remote wires back to the quick connect under the dash and see if there is a 4th wire that is not hooked up. If so, that should be for the backlight. My quick connect has 4 wires that all go to the remote and the backlight is tied to the Nav/ANC switch that way. Good thought i will check that first.

kaneboats
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
i am putting the lighted one in the helm and the white non lighted one on the transom

LOL! Down here you sure don't need to see the transom one from in the water after dark!

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Joe, trace your existing remote wires back to the quick connect under the dash and see if there is a 4th wire that is not hooked up. If so, that should be for the backlight. My quick connect has 4 wires that all go to the remote and the backlight is tied to the Nav/ANC switch that way.

Al does your wires look like these?

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0249.jpg

cab13367
06-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Al does your wires look like these?

Yes, they do.

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
great i will trace them out. or look to a close gauge to jump them from. Just waiting for my Y cable, they sent me two 24ft extensions instead.

cab13367
06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
great i will trace them out. or look to a close gauge to jump them from. Just waiting for my Y cable, they sent me two 24ft extensions instead.

Y cable? I just connected both sets of leads (from the two remotes) to the wiring harness under the dash that the original remote was connected to.

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
now i am on a mission.;)

cab13367
06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
now i am on a mission.;)

Joe, I used 4 wire security cable bought at Home Depot (it's all in one sheath) to run from the wiring harness under the dash to the transom remote.

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 10:58 AM
is the extension cable only the remote or if i cut it will there be 4 wires in.

cab13367
06-30-2011, 11:00 AM
is the extension cable only the remote or if i cut it will there be 4 wires in.

The white wire with the blue stripe in your pic? That is a single conductor.

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Yes, the blue white one in the pic. Do the non lighted ones have 4 wires or just the one ( the current stock one in the boat)

cab13367
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Yes, the blue white one in the pic. Do the non lighted ones have 4 wires or just the one ( the current stock one in the boat)

I don't know as both mine are lighted.

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't know as both mine are lighted.

Thanks, I will check tomorrow and report back

Al, again thanks for all your knowledge

cab13367
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm guessing the non lighted ones are three wire - power, ground, signal. It won't have the 4th wire which would be connected to a switch to turn the backlight on and off.

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 02:19 PM
so this extension cable is just for the signal.

http://shopmarineelectronics.com/marine_remotes/170_00018_20.htm

If it is what a racket from Lafayette radio....:rolleyes:

cab13367
06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
so this extension cable is just for the signal.

http://shopmarineelectronics.com/marine_remotes/170_00018_20.htm

If it is what a racket from Lafayette radio....:rolleyes:

Yup.. Just 20' of light gauge wire with the correct quick connect terminals on each end.

Herr
09-23-2021, 02:48 AM
I am also having problems getting my Aeware TSC-55 connected
The Aeware has 4 wires:
Red
Black
Blue
Yellow

I think Red is +, Black is -. But what are the Blue and Yellow wire? One of them is probably background light and the other signal?

Installed is a Highway H250S radio, but this does not seem to work.
I want to install a bluetooth radio for Spotify.
Will a Kenwood bluetooth radio work?
What kind of connection does it need for the Aeware connection?
What brand and type number of radio can it be hooked up to?

Tx