PDA

View Full Version : WS 420 Problems......

morgan040
06-29-2011, 01:40 AM
:mad:I just installed the WS 420 thinking I had complete control of:

1. Towers
2. Cabins
3. Subs

After the install I found out the subs are still just conncted to the cabin Volume.

I want to be able to have my cabins VERY low or off and blast my towers and subs.

I originally just switched the RCAs around so the Towers were controlled with the Cabin knobs but then the P.A. would play through the Cabins and that is pointless, so........

Any one have an Idea on how I can have Controll of the Sub, Tower and Cabins from the same device??

cab13367
06-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Sorry that you did not correctly understand the capabilities of the ws420 before you bought it. As you found out, you can adjust the bass boost and low pass frequency of the sub with the ws420 but not it's output level. To do that, you will need to install a remote bass level knob and connect it to your sub amp.

jmvotto
06-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Put a pac lc1 between the ws420 and the cabin amp rcas this will allow you to attenuate the cabins down. I did this with my bow speakers so i could lower the volume for the kids in the bow area after i noticed a couple of them covering thre ears. simple $20 fix.

EarmarkMarine
06-29-2011, 08:10 AM
morgan,
Personally I like how Wetsounds has configured their EQ because I consider the subwoofer as an integral part of the in-boat zone. The bass control is actually the amplitude adjustment on a paragraghic EQ. But I understand how your need is different.
The simple solution would normally be to add a sub level control if your subwoofer amplifier has a provision for this rather than just a bass boost control. However, your intended usage requires a different route. In your case, use a PAC LC-1 in line after the EQ in-boat output. This way you can raise the level of the in-boat zone on the EQ and attenuate all the in-boat coaxials with the PAC control.

David
Earmark Marine

EarmarkMarine
06-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Yes, exactly what jmvotto said. Alot can happen if you think and type slow...like me.

morgan040
06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you so much! I'm not sure why didn't think of getting the PAC lc1. That will work but now I will have to have another knob from another device. Not exactly what I wanted but it will work.

The WS 420 would be a much better device if it had control of the sub volume. I can see how some people would want it controlled from the cabins and I can see why some would want it from the towers. It already has it's own RCA output so why not allow it to have it's own volume control.

My main concern has been to find a way for my WIFE to easily just turn a knob and have the rider (myself) be able to hear the music clean and clear. If I'm driving I have no problem messing with the controls but she gets frustrated very easily with all this audio equipment :).

Thanks again. I'll be getting a lc1

you da man
06-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Thank you so much! I'm not sure why didn't think of getting the PAC lc1. That will work but now I will have to have another knob from another device. Not exactly what I wanted but it will work.

The WS 420 would be a much better device if it had control of the sub volume. I can see how some people would want it controlled from the cabins and I can see why some would want it from the towers. It already has it's own RCA output so why not allow it to have it's own volume control.

My main concern has been to find a way for my WIFE to easily just turn a knob and have the rider (myself) be able to hear the music clean and clear. If I'm driving I have no problem messing with the controls but she gets frustrated very easily with all this audio equipment :).

Thanks again. I'll be getting a lc1

The HSE would have made adjusting the volume easier for your wife when she drives and you ride because it automatically adjusted volume based on rpm setting and to your pre-determined volume. Might want to look into the boost box if she gets frustrated at having to control tower volume for you when you get up and then when you fall. HSE and Perfect Pass has saved rrlationships

skylar18
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
+1 on the HSE/boombox addidition. (Don't make HSE anymore). My wife's favorite mod on the boat!

dusty2221
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
+1 on the HSE/boombox addidition. (Don't make HSE anymore). My wife's favorite mod on the boat!

Word. x2. Ditto. Etc.

:)

jmvotto
06-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Word. x2. Ditto. Etc.

:)

Word Really? lmao

skylar18
06-29-2011, 10:55 PM
On the Camaro site I am on, when someone quotes something they like they include the Microsoft Word symbol.

Guess I am getting old, that is the first I heard of it, thought it was just being used on the Camaro forum until Dusty's response.

It is hard keeping up with all these acronyms, sayings, and images......

kaneboats
06-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Wtf? Lmfao.

you da man
06-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Word Really? lmao

He's kickin' it old skool

jmvotto
06-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Back to 1986 with Cameo " Word UP!!!!" LOL

Have to educate these youngins on the origins of thier slang...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA

skylar18
06-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Kane....Those are two I know!

My wife just got an Generation 5 camaro as she goes through her mid life crises as she recreates her youth. I am doing it with the boat, she with the car.

If you think we had drama here the last couple of weeks with a moderator and deletion of threads, on the camaro sites it is downright ugly. People absolutly rip on each other, people get banned all the time, people get made fun of.

My wife asked me why the boat forum is so much more civil, and I explained that most of the camaro owners are not middle aged school teachers like her, more like 19 year old kids.

Meanwhile, she is modding the camaro which cuts into my mod money for the boat!

dusty2221
06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
That's a pretty gnar video.