PDA

View Full Version : Wake set up suggestions

langmotorsports
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I havent had a ton of time to experiment with the boat but its going to be used a bunch this weekend and I was wondering if some of you experienced guys could give me a base set up for wakeboarding and one for wake surfing.......All of the riders are what i consider beginner type, no one is doing any tricks.....simpply riding and we have alot of young kids in the group. Im looking to make a nice clean wake that doesnt wash out and is kid friendly. My daughter surfs and I would love to hear some recommendations on that wake set up also.......I have the gravity III ballast set up and a wake plate. Thanks

tarkus70
06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I use the stock ballast with another 750lbs across the back and no plate. It is very lipy and steep. My daughter shortens the rope to 60ft to as she says make it softer. We get all skill levels doing good with this set up. Go out 75 to 80ft and boom you fly. Thats what I do.

brain_rinse
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I'd say no ballast for beginning wakeboarders and 15-20 mph based on how much of a beginner they really are. There really is no wake to speak of at 15 mph which I think is awesome for newbie practice. They can work on heelside and toeside edging with a huge area and no wake to get in their way. This works great for learning to ride switch and for surface tricks too. A clean wake isn't needed until someone is very comfortable edging both directions and ready to start getting some air. Even then I like to have people jump inside out until they start getting real air.

Surfing, throw all the weight you have in one corner and adjust from there. :)

tarkus70
06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry got ahead of myself. Just the front bag full throws an nice clean small wake on mine. My wife just started and thats what we do for her. Forget my earlier post.

cab13367
06-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I havent had a ton of time to experiment with the boat but its going to be used a bunch this weekend and I was wondering if some of you experienced guys could give me a base set up for wakeboarding and one for wake surfing.......All of the riders are what i consider beginner type, no one is doing any tricks.....simpply riding and we have alot of young kids in the group. Im looking to make a nice clean wake that doesnt wash out and is kid friendly. My daughter surfs and I would love to hear some recommendations on that wake set up also.......I have the gravity III ballast set up and a wake plate. Thanks

For beginners and especially kids wakeboarding, go with no ballast and the slowest speed you can go and still throw a clean wake. Have some people in the front. Putting the wakeplate down rounds off the lip of the wake a bit.

Below is a pic of my 2006 at 18 mph (checked with a GPS) with no ballast, wakeplate all the way up, and just me on board. I think that is plenty of wake for a beginner. Give them about 60' of rope to make it easier to stay in the clean part of the wake and for them to jump the wake.

For wakesurfing, fill your ski locker bag and rear surf side locker full and your opposite side locker about 1/4 to 1/2 full (experiment with this, some boats will wash out the wave with opposite side weight). Line everyone up on the surf side of the boat, starting with the heaviest person in the rear corner seat. Go 10mph, wakeplate all the way up.

Al

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/Boat%20pics%20-%20public/0ef1469b.jpg

THSEADOO
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
For wake surfing I would fill the back bag on the side you are surfing on and the center bag. We add another 400 lb sac on top of the built in and put another 400 lb as far back as possible on the floor parallel with the seat on surf side. Wake plate all the way down and try to have some riders in front to lengthen wave.

langmotorsports
06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks all!!! Hope to have some pictures to post form this weekend.......Have a great 4th of July