PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter location???

FargoDawg
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM
so I am having the same "stalling" issue as FLGator, I am going to change the fuel filter but am not positive on where it is. I havent taken anything apart yet.
the manual says "mounted on the inside of the transom, accessible by removing the aft storage panel"......???
so I take the floor out of the rear storage locker and Voila!!!!! it is just there and I swap it out for a new one? do I need to have an empty fuel tank? how do I stop gas from spilling everywhere? isnt it pressurized?
NOTE: I am not that mechanically inclined but want to figure this stuff out so I can do it myself, oil changes and impellers and the whole winterization process I handled last year. I am not ever gonna try prop replacing or fiddle witht he drive shaft, but this seems something I can handle.

thanks for the help, I just called our "dealer" and am waiting to see if he has one in stock, whatever part number it is.

phospher
06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes, just unscrew and replace. No, it's not pressurized hence the smell of fuel fumes that come along with most all boats. When you disconnect them just hold the hoses up right away so the fuel does not run out. May be easier to do with a friend to hold the hoses. I replaced mine last summer on my 08 Outback with no problems nor did I drip more than a drop of fuel.

FargoDawg
06-29-2011, 08:50 AM
havent tried anything yet.

"dealer" hasnt called back, anybody know the part number and where I can get one???
thanks

mnpracing
06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
just take it out and bring it down to an autoparts store. On my LSV the part number is a Wix 3299, which x-references to many different brands.

FargoDawg
06-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Got it done. Gonna test tomorrow and see if it took care of the issue... Thanks for the help

viking
07-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Good Luck! I replaced mine and have a spare always. NAPA has them!