PDA

View Full Version : When will it be enough?

tarkus70
06-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I like to do a lot behind the boat. Thought I had enough wake boards, Skis, surfboard x2, Sky Ski, and am out of room! then "The Boy" says can I get into wake skating? What the heck? I'm thinking pontoon boat just to throw everything on so coming down the river we don't look like the Clampets with everything hanging off the tower. thoughts on this? I hate not bringing something like my ski and get there and the water is like glass. Maybe an XLV loose the sking just ski behind my buddys inboard? IDK? Anyone got any ideas?

DOCDRS
06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
It will be enough when you are too old. .......so hope its never enough :)

Shooter
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I know the feeling. Our normal load is: 3 wakeboards (kids/teens/adults), a pair of skis, at least 1 surfboard, at least one wakeskate, and 2 kneeboards. It all goes on the tower execpt the kneeboards.

Bright side is that all the boards really help to keep the sun off of us!!!

As for ideas...........In the wakesurf section there is a thread about getting another run of endless wave racks made. I'm signed up to get one, wish I had the funds for 2. To me it seems like a good way to store the surfs w/out them sticking out all over the boat.

sandm
06-27-2011, 06:13 PM
nothing wrong with a tower that looks like a swiss army knife. every rack has a different item for a different purpose :)

and at least you're not one of those 'tards that loads up the rack just to go floating around listening to music with no intention of ever getting in the water :)

Ian Brantford
06-27-2011, 06:31 PM
This sure sounds like a First World Problem: http://www.wimp.com/problemsrap/

Here's the ideal set-up. I assume that your boat started with some basic OEM wakeboard racks -- holding two boards on each side.

Adding a rack for your hydrofoil, that displaces one OEM rack. Replace the other OEM rack wth a swivel rack for whatever you like (two or three boards or skis, depending on the model). Re-mount both OEM racks on the TOP of the tower. They will be very close together, but it's good enough. Add a cargo bimini. That holds two or three more boards.

Voila! That's storage for your foil plus up to 10 boards or skis.

Now get back on the water!

tarkus70
06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Well I have he ski rack up top put both board racks on one side. Got a board rack for the top of the tower. Didn't think of the cargo bimimi.....hmmmm going to check that out. what hurt was the foil that took up a lot of room.

skylar18
06-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I thought I was the only one that spends time trying to figure out where everything goes....

2 wakeboards, 2 surfboards, 1 wake skate, 1 slalom ski, 2 pairs of water skis, (haven't used any of the skis in 2 years) 2 fishing poles, 16 life jackets, 3 person tube, 8 ropes and handles because everyone likes their own.....

boat cover (keep boat at marina so I have to take my cover with me when we go out)

Don't have a cargo rack but getting very close to need one....

you da man
06-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Man I'm so glad it's just me and my girl. Two wakeboards and two surfboards. The Z5 cargo rack comes in handy to fit 3 wakeboards or two surfboards. Stock racks with swivels below is great as well. I thought kneeboarding went out in the early 90's :p.

deafgoose
06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
I currently have two surf boards, a wakeboard and a wakeskate.

There is always room on the rack for a friend. :)

pmoomba
06-28-2011, 05:50 AM
Are you guys with an 06-08 OBV able to put something like the OEM racks on the lower tower crossbar? I've just been eyeballing it so far but seems like I might run the risk of not clearing the trailer guide poles when loading/unloading.

tarkus70
06-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Are you guys with an 06-08 OBV able to put something like the OEM racks on the lower tower crossbar? I've just been eyeballing it so far but seems like I might run the risk of not clearing the trailer guide poles when loading/unloading.
On mine I put it on the lower crossbar. I have to take the bottom board out of the rack before I put the boat on the trailer. I'm thinking of cutting the guides down also.

Ian Brantford
06-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I ran for a few weeks with two racks on one side. I left the OEM racks where they were and put an aftermarket swivel rack below. I found that visibility was impaired. That's when the OEM rack got moved to the top.

kaneboats
06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Let's see, 4 wakeboards, a kiddie skim board, a slalom ski, a kneeboard, a pair of jr. skis, 2 surfboards. And all I have is 2 stock wakeboard racks.

tarkus70
06-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I just don't like everything all over the place. I am going with the Monster cargo Bimini that seemed like the best idea.

wolfeman131
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
I am going with the Monster cargo Bimini that seemed like the best idea.

I bet you're gonna like it!

sailing217
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
We only do 2 water sports per outting.

If not it could be 5 wakeboards, 5 surf, 2 knee, 2 tubes. Friends will occasionally bring sky ski, regular skis. Kids fishing poles....

Don't forget most of my under-seat storage is ballast bags if surfing. I need that 30ft MC for a tenth of the price then I'd be good =)