PDA

View Full Version : Standard parts or Extras?

mobiusLSV05
03-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey, Ive been reading some threads on here about no spare tire, no safety chain, no back straps... Is this standard for SC. Do dealers provide these things--Ive heard nothing from the dealer about this. Do people really tow without this stuff? Seems only necessary to have these things. Info needed because I'll be at the boat shop before delivery to purchase these if not included.

NC05LSV
03-29-2005, 09:57 PM
MobiusLSV05, spare tires do not come standard but you can opt for one from Boat Mate if you would like.......none of the big 3 give a spare either.......additionally, the rear straps do not come with the boat either, but your dealer will probably throw them in if you bug him enough. If it is any consolation, all of the small problems that you are reading about here happen with other boats (that cost alot more) as well. A buddy of mine just bought an Air Natique and he is having little problems as well.......Patrick

smokedog2
03-29-2005, 11:53 PM
The guy that got me started with this (should I hit him :)) has a 1980ish Supra. Tows everywhere and has none of that stuff. I will get a chian for the front to make me feel better but if 3,000 lb. is sliding off the trailer - you have other issues.

I agree with the spare idea - I'll get one someday.

SD2

zabooda
03-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Some things you really need to have such as safety chains or cables. I always enjoy driving down the highway knowing that some one's boat trailer is staying somewhere near their back bumper. The tie down straps are required in many states and I use them mostly when I travel distances just because I don't want an excuse for the troopers to stop me.

I added a spare just because of the distance I travel and the lack of facilities to repair a tire. Hate to leave a boat sitting on the side of the road for the time it takes to get the tire repaired.

I'd make the dealer include items required by law whether you use them or not. From the dealers aspect, I would think it would be a liability issue.

Moomba4me
03-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey guys Kimber here, who'd a thought that cleats are not standard??? Just got my Moomba with no cleats, have ordered them and will be installing them ourselves I guess.

mobiusLSV05
03-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey, Moomba4me, Caught that when I saw the boat in the dealerships barn and added them for an additonal charge of 295.00. What did they sell them to you for--just curious on installation prices?