PDA

View Full Version : Wake plate gage not working properly

Midnight1040
06-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I have a 2008 Mobius LS using a wake plate and gage. The wake plate works properly but the gage is not. The gage uses only one quarter of its travel. The gage never even gets to the ½ way point and bottoms out way before the plate is all the way down. Would there be a way to calibrate the gage or center it according to the plate location. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

gonracn
06-27-2011, 02:38 AM
Having same problem with my '08 XLV.

VA LSV
06-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Wake plate supplier is Bennett and they have great customer service. Sensor rod and coil that drive the gauge are inside 1 of the actuators.
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/

Midnight1040
06-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Wake plate supplier is Bennett and they have great customer service. Sensor rod and coil that drive the gauge are inside 1 of the actuators.
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/

I have left a message for them. Waiting for a reply. I will be sure to post my findings as soon as I get them. Thanks

Midnight1040
07-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Here is what I found.
The Bennett Marine Wake plate kit installed on my 2008 Mobius LS is a # 108086. They told me that there is a updated gage available for this application. Here is a copy of there message to me.

Thank you for getting back to us with the Wake Plate kit part number that was installed on your vessel from the factory. The Skier's Choice Part Number for the tab gauge was UMS201, which this gauge is designed to read 2-1/2" of overall stroke but the wake plate systems that Skier's Choice used only have 1-3/8" overall stroke. So, the gauge is working as it was spec'ed in. Now, it is possible to order a special stroke Tab Gauge that should read the stroke of your system more closely, which the part number for it is TG1125 and it retails for $61.00 each from any of your local marine dealers, catalog &/or Internet retailers. It is the same size and basic design, but it is spec'ed in to read 1-1/4" of overall stroke.

M.J. Thomas
Account Manager
Bennett Marine, Inc

Hopefully, this can help someone else with the same issue. I have ordered this new gage but it will be six weeks before I get it here.