PDA

View Full Version : E15 gas coming soon

jester
06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I was surfing the wab and found this.

http://smtp.boatus.net/dm?id=91263272C77933B8663B0BA090AA87E2

More or less you will start seeing E15 at the pumps if you have not already. Guess I will have to look out when i fill up the truck and boat at the same place.

c.rix
06-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I was surfing the wab and found this.

http://smtp.boatus.net/dm?id=91263272C77933B8663B0BA090AA87E2

More or less you will start seeing E15 at the pumps if you have not already. Guess I will have to look out when i fill up the truck and boat at the same place.

that sucks not only will you need to make sure you are getting ok gas for your boat but your tow vehicle WILL get worse gas mileage with the new 15% mix

Isn't it something that when the manufactures start making their new vehicles more fuel efficient they dump crappier fuel on us and we don't have a say on the matter

I know if I can get ethanol free gas I will

rdlangston13
06-26-2011, 07:58 PM
that sucks not only will you need to make sure you are getting ok gas for your boat but your tow vehicle WILL get worse gas mileage with the new 15% mix

Isn't it something that when the manufactures start making their new vehicles more fuel efficient they dump crappier fuel on us and we don't have a say on the matter

I know if I can get ethanol free gas I will

increased fuel economy creates a large problem for the government. funding for roads is gathered from the gasoline tax. better fuel mileage = less gas bought, less gas bought = less gas tax paid. if they decrease the fuel mileage by going with E15 then they can recoup some of the lost revenue.

They need to reform the way we get funding for roads but no politician is going to suggest a tax rate by the mile. That would be political suicide but it would be the most fair.

jester
06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
They need to reform the way we get funding for roads but no politician is going to suggest a tax rate by the mile. That would be political suicide but it would be the most fair.

Funny you say that since they are trying to do this in Oregon. It is all about the money and you do not get in the way of the goverment and their money.

04OUTBACK
06-26-2011, 09:49 PM
plus the subsidies in making ethanol fuel.. look that up.. something like $0.40/gal subsidy .. that makes real cents right there.. (pun.)

rdlangston13
06-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Funny you say that since they are trying to do this in Oregon. It is all about the money and you do not get in the way of the goverment and their money.

being a driver of a truck i would love for the prius and civic owners to pay the same for the roads that i do for the same use. dont see why i have to pay more for the roads than someone else just because they dont need a truck and i do.

sandm
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
ethanol is a big fat joke. taxpayers are funding it, fuel economy goes down, causes issues in recreational vehicles not designed to run on it, and older cars are going to have issues as well.. and we haven't even talked about what it's doing to the price of food. farmers can make more growing corn for ethanol than food due to the subsidies.

I get being clean/green, but it sure doesn't feel like this is the way to go..

wolfeman131
06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
It's deeper, and worse than above. Guess what farmers want/need to grow all of that corn? Equipment. Big, expensive equipment. Take a look at John Deere stock. 3 yrs ago, it was trading as low as $26. Today it's around $80. And guess how all of these farmers are buying $350,000+ combines? On credit.

So, just wait until the ethanol bubble bursts! I predeict that it will put another big hurt on our overall economy.

mmandley
06-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I suggest you start buying Stabil Ethanol treatment for your boats and older cars, I picked up a bulk size bottle I want to say it's 1oz per 10gals of fuel it treats apx 320 gal and I plan to start using it. Yea it adds about 3 bucks to your fuel costs but might help with other issues related to ethanol.

I can at times like these it's good to run diesel but even then I run Ceatain Booster to add lubrication to the fuel and raise my certain number (similar to octain) to increase my milage.

rdlangston13
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I can at times like these it's good to run diesel but even then I run Ceatain Booster to add lubrication to the fuel and raise my certain number (similar to octain) to increase my milage.

the c-tane rating? octane in gasoline does not improve fuel economy. if you have an engine built for 87 octane and you fill up with 93 you are not doing yourself any favor. however if your engine requires 93 and you fill up with 87 you could be causing detonation which could have a negative effect on not only power but reliability. lower octane fuels combust easier so when you have a high compression motor it needs 93 octane so the piston can reach x amount of degrees before TDC without the fuel igniting on its own. running 87 could cause the fuel to ignite early, especially under a heavy load. this can destroys pistons over a prolonged period of time.

that is one good thing about the ethanol, it has a high octane rating so you can increase compression and timing and generate more horsepower if you tune it right. thus why the last year ford had the f150 with the 5.4l flex fuel it got 300 hp on e10 and 325 hp on e85

mmandley
06-27-2011, 09:28 AM
the c-tane rating? octane in gasoline does not improve fuel economy. if you have an engine built for 87 octane and you fill up with 93 you are not doing yourself any favor. however if your engine requires 93 and you fill up with 87 you could be causing detonation which could have a negative effect on not only power but reliability. lower octane fuels combust easier so when you have a high compression motor it needs 93 octane so the piston can reach x amount of degrees before TDC without the fuel igniting on its own. running 87 could cause the fuel to ignite early, especially under a heavy load. this can destroys pistons over a prolonged period of time.

that is one good thing about the ethanol, it has a high octane rating so you can increase compression and timing and generate more horsepower if you tune it right. thus why the last year ford had the f150 with the 5.4l flex fuel it got 300 hp on e10 and 325 hp on e85

I know that's why I said similar but with diesel they don't list the Ceatain number like gas so X station might have 45 and Y staion migh have 42 and just the same a dielsel wants as high a Cetain as it can get for milage and longevity. Same principle as running you Premium engine on regular unleaded gas, yes it wil run on it but performance, milage, and longevity is sacrafi Ed for a 1 or 2 a tank

c.rix
06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
It's deeper, and worse than above. Guess what farmers want/need to grow all of that corn? Equipment. Big, expensive equipment. Take a look at John Deere stock. 3 yrs ago, it was trading as low as $26. Today it's around $80. And guess how all of these farmers are buying $350,000+ combines? On credit.

So, just wait until the ethanol bubble bursts! I predeict that it will put another big hurt on our overall economy.

yea I got a buddy that ride i snowmobiles with that is a BIG time corn farmer and he only produces corn for ethanol so his 12000 acre + farm takes some big time machinery I know that he buys new every other year as well as sleds and toys etc...