PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ed!

newty
06-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Good luck in all you do! Look me if you ever get up my way!

Happy boating.

deafgoose
06-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Ed is leaving the forum?

WaterBullDawg1980
06-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Ed-

Not sure if this means you are leaving for good or what, but I truly hope not.
Didn't get a chance to meet ya unfortunately, wish I had the opportunity but alas only have been on here for a little over a year.

Live easy and keep rocking the Van Halen!!

http://images.jambase.com/bands/vanhalen/1.jpg

jmvotto
06-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Ed is leaving the forum?

looks like it all his posts and comments have been remove, what a shame.

Ed. good luck. you were the first one to welcome me to the family and have provide invaluable info over the years. unfortunately a mild spat over mod powers have driven you away. i would never have thought about surfing if it was not for you championng the cause..

your insights will be missed.

moombadaze
06-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Ed has deleted all his friends, deleted all postings and cleaned everthing out of the staff section.

So your post count and searching for threads may/will be affected.

Ed, I for one am really sorry its come to this and will miss you

ian ashton
06-26-2011, 08:54 AM
He was a nice enough guy, but way too moody for my likes. It had to take forever to delete all that stuff, what a massive waste of time.

So has his moderator status been revoked as well? lol

sandm
06-26-2011, 09:00 AM
I enjoyed ed and had some good conversations with him. it's too bad it came to this. I would have loved to have made it back to florida and met him, but I have to say honestly, I won't miss him as a mod. as a poster and champion of the moomba cause? heck ya, he will be missed :)

and again with the deleting? kind of too bad as some of the threads he had were full of valuable info, such as the tow rig thread.. that's pretty lame and, honestly, part of the problem of his mod status...

rdlangston13
06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
this may be highly inappropriate right now and i have no hard feeling towards ed but this is just too funny in my mind to pass up....

http://splungeblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mission-accomplished.png

04OUTBACK
06-26-2011, 09:41 AM
too bad it came to this.. but I had to bite my tongue/keyboard.. :-) many times. Ed was a great champion for Moomba, moomba events, wakesurfing, etc.
BUT, did have a history and habit of snapping off some rude/short comments.
and a bit of a control issue sometimes..

Hate this went this far.. but I have always preferred this forum over Wakeworld because there has ALWAYS been infighting on WW and you fear making any posts for getting blasted.. although, on WW, the group is large enough that when a good mistake is made, there is a bit of a pile on! When you read.. get the popcorn ready.. that means there's about to be a good movie..

I believe most everyone in here was too polite to pile on.. and maybe if you did, the threads got cleaned up....

Best to you Ed. Sorry it came down to this..

Virginia
06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Ed is the reason I'm buying a Moomba instead of another brand.

I met him last November when he was up here for his mother's funeral.

He was wearing a Moomba jacket and I started chatting with him.

The guy ought to be a paid Skiers Choice Representative.

His enthusiasm for the brand is off the hook.

I believe this board will not be better off without him.

KSmith
06-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Take care Ed.

I hate to see you go but after watching the past fews days as you dropped your friends, took down your albums, and now have deleted all your posts... I don't know, I just don't know... seems extreme to me...

This whole mess could have been handled better from the top down.

Wish you'd reconsider your departure. It seems that you will no longer be a moderator but your participation in the forums will be greatly missed I think.

Happy Boating Ed.

If you are ever in the Acworth or Atlanta Georgia area drop me a line and we can hit the water on Allatoona

cab13367
06-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Ed has deleted all his friends, deleted all postings and cleaned everthing out of the staff section.

It's shame that Ed chose to exit in this manner but I can't say I'm surprised.

Ed once wrote, in defending one of his patronizing posts, that we are all different in real life that the characters we portray on this forum and therein lies the root of the issue. I like this forum because everyone is respectful and mature and it's a great place to share our passion for boating and Moombas. And I think that most everyone else portrays themselves on this forum like they are in real life, with Ed being the exception as I hear he is a nice guy in person.

It's too bad that Ed chose to leave entirely instead of just stepping down as moderator (or changing his behavior) but that is his decision.

I look forward to putting this behind us and getting back to what this forum is all about.

Al

Mikey
06-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Take care ED. Its too bad that it came to this . I would Still like to meet the famous Ed someday?

Its a shame this happened and maybe some day you will reconsider joining the forum to add Valuable advice,and yes i believe you were/are a TRUE Moomba Believer!! Take care.

scoot_gt
06-26-2011, 05:22 PM
It's shame that Ed chose to exit in this manner but I can't say I'm surprised.

Did someone decide to take their toys and go home?

No sleep loss here - I'm sure someone will step in and ask questions that could easily be answered with google.

06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I kind of agree with a lot of the other posters on this thread. His thread contributions were usually helpful and he always tried to help out new members. His advice about the boats was usually spot on. As a bioard member he was great. As a mod though, it was hit and miss and the random deleting was just weird. At times his "I love Moomba, Moombas are the best in the world, Thank you so much Moomba" type posts were a bit over the top to me. I mean in the end, it is just a brand of boat that we all own. I would have definitley prefered him to stick around and just tone it down a bit. Oh well. Good luck out there Ed.

tazz3069
06-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I have been on this Forum since 2007. I have discussed many topics with ED. Full of information and a all around nice guy. Yes there was some short spiteful comments. WE all have them. We all have our own opinions. Then he became a MOD. I lost all respect for him and in many occasions, I wanted to tell him off. I held my tongue so that I do not get banned from the site. Before all this went down, I have not been on this site for a very long time. Only because I did not want to hear Ed comments. I found it very rude and uncalled for. Then I come back and all this happened. I really feel bad for him. I do wish him well in whatever his journey take him. Take care ED, you will be surely missed as a member. As a MOD not so much.

cab13367
06-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Before all this went down, I have not been on this site for a very long time. Only because I did not want to hear Ed comments. I found it very rude and uncalled for.

Tazz

I often wondered why you haven't been very active on the forum the last several months. Hope to see you around more often going forward.

Al

jpetty3023
06-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Ed you were the first to welcome me to the forum but now I can't see it anymore cause you deleted like 29 of my posts dude!! You deleted a wealth of info that new moomba owners like myself could have/and have benefited from. I can see you getting butt hurt and dropping your "mod tag" but you didn't have to take all that knowledge with you..... FAIL

saskie99
06-27-2011, 12:51 PM
sorry to see ya go! Ed had tons of great advice! I think sometime we all need a little thicker skin, hahahaaha

KT Mobius
06-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Its been a while since I've been on here, looks like I missed some good drama.

sandm
06-27-2011, 04:56 PM
saw in the bday thread he's just a guest.
hope he changes his mind and comes back as a poster someday. witty and a strong advocate for skiers products..

Razzman
06-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I've been away for awhile, I've had a lot to do and I'd figured I'd let all that crap settle down. When I asked Ed in one of the original threads that started this whole mess why he deleted posts again, I had no clue that one simple question would escalate into the proportions that it has.

So it seems it's not only resulted in Ed stepping down, but leaving the forum as well. And as much as I hate to say this, it's not susprising as Ed always seems to push things to extremes or beyond.

Ed, if your lurking I can say this; there's no need to run away, ultimately though I guess it's your decision.

Cab (Al) is correct, it's time to move this forum forward and get back on track.

rdlangston13
06-27-2011, 07:03 PM
I really am disappointed in the forum. No one commented on my "Mission Accomplished" picture! AHAHAH

jmvotto
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I really am disappointed in the forum. No one commented on my "Mission Accomplished" picture! AHAHAH
i had a chuckle
mod step down just happened during the day. really did not want to loose him as a member. wipping out all those post is just disturbing?:(

skiyaker
06-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I believe he'll be back, maybe resurrected in the form of a "new" member or even mod... first one to out him gets 5 bonus Moomba points!

"there are just some things you guys ain't ever gonna know about"

RickT
06-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I will greatly miss Ed and his many contributions to the board and our company with his unbridled passion for our brand. I hope he returns soon.

Good Luck to you.

Your friend,

Rick

tarkus70
06-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I will miss ED. When I was getting into surfing He was there to help. Good luck Ed thanks for the help with the surfing.

Scott

New Guy
06-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Ed you were a great guy to deal with, I enjoyed your thoughts and ideas. Good luck with everything in the future and keep that Moomba wet. Godspeed.

-Mark

JesseC
06-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Ed,
you are welcome on my boat anytime!!! I have always enjoyed the conversations and posts with you. It sucks they had to use the lynch mob approach in dealing with this.

I will have yuengs, wings, cheetos and cherrys (with seeds) ready for anytime you swing through the Bham area!!! I might even bust out the snapper!!!

pickle311
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I've had a lot of conversations with ED over the last 5 or 6 years. He was always a nice guy to me and a huge wealth of knowledge. Too bad he took off like that. I don't know that I've ever seen a grown man over react to that extent.

sailing217
06-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Take care Ed.

I'll have a Danny's hoagie and Yuengling in your honor =)

skylar18
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey Sailing,

I grew up in Dayton, Ohio went to Northmont a million years ago. Remember Milano's on Brown Street had the best sub back then....

What is a Danny's Hogie?

Virginia
06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
It is funny you mention Danny's.

That is where I met Ed and his wife last November.

He told me he was there trying to bribe the guys behind the counter to tell him what the "secret" Italian dressing was.

Sailing, you being from Ohio, how often to do you get to Danny's Parkview Pizza?

I live only two miles away (right down the road from the Bethel High School stadium).