PDA

View Full Version : transmission fluids

Jeffro
06-25-2011, 10:53 AM
how do you check the transmission fluids and add more in a mobius LSV year 2007?

rdlangston13
06-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Transmission fluid level should be checked regularly (such as every ten engine hours) and fluid added if necessary.
Maintain fluid level as follows:
- Boat must be at rest.
- Engine should be at operating temperature but turned off while checking level.
- Remove transmission fluid dipstick.
- Wipe fluid clean from dipstick and replace.
- Remove dipstick and note level indicated by the upper and lower marks.
- If required, add fluid to bring the level to the upper mark.

scoot_gt
06-25-2011, 12:17 PM
If you mean "where", start in the main engine compartment at the oil filter and go low, towards the V Drive unit. You should find a red plastic handle, maybe inch to inch and a half wide - kinda resembles a large wingnut.

Check page 62 here -
http://moomba.com/downloads/owner_manuals/moomba_07.pdf

Jeffro
06-27-2011, 02:38 PM
I did check the level and asked my son to post this question as I was in route to get the fluid. What I needed to know was if it should be checked when it was hot and runing like a typical vehicle or when it was cold and at rest. Thank You for the response.

DOCDRS
06-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I did check the level and asked my son to post this question as I was in route to get the fluid. What I needed to know was if it should be checked when it was hot and runing like a typical vehicle or when it was cold and at rest. Thank You for the response.

hot and just after you shut off your motor same for the vdrive