PDA

View Full Version : Getting Stabbed on Mobius Cushion!!

Shoemaker Mobius
03-27-2005, 11:48 AM
This was posted under Service and Repair, but no one from Skiers Choice has responded. Can someone from Skiers Choice please respond? This appears to be not an uncommon problem and sure looks like a significant quality issue. What are the Skiers Choice directives to dealers on fixing this? I don't think it should be up to the owners to fix this problem.

We are having a problem with the moveable seat that covers the V-drive area. We noticed it several times last year. It seems the screws that fasten the cushion to the wood frame of the seat are too long and if you happen to kneel on the cushion in the right (or wrong) way, the tip of the screw stabs you. During our beginning of season cleaning, I took the seat and unscrewed all the screws several turns to see if that helped, but so far no good. This is on a 2004 Mobius LSV. Is this something I should talk to the dealer or Skiers Choice about? If you hit it just right, it will stab hard enough to draw blood. I don't want to just unscrew the screws any further because then the seat won't be tight. Can someone from Skiers Choice give me some advice?

Jon
03-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Have you went to your dealer about this? This is something they should be able to fix or replace under warranty. No need to go directly to the manufacturer. That is what your dealer is for.

mobiusLSV05
03-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Taking delivery of new LSV in a few weeks, once all the extras are added, and will be sure to check on this problem. Thanks for the info! The last thing you want is to have a ripped seat cushion on a new boat.

seanpatsdad
03-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Mobiuslsv05
If you find this problem the way I did,I came off the engine cover and stepped on one of the long screws,you won't even care about the seat cover tearing.Them screws are very sharp and hurt going into the bottom of your foot very bad.I put 120 hours on my boat last year and this and the screws in the foward ballast bag locker being to long to were they can puncture the bag and the rear ballast bags being plumbed backwards were the only problems with my boat.Just don't want to get you down while waiting on your new boat.I am extremely happy with mine.
John

mobiusLSV05
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
More anxious than down-- I want my new boat NOW--just a bad taste in my mouth through my dealer/liar

NC05LSV
03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I have noticed the same problems as noted.............I had a screw in my ski locker that could have punctured my front ballast bag and I have found the same situation with the rear cusion. This is on a 2005 LSV..........I would think that they would have fixed this problem..........I love the boat, it is just a little frustrating to find stuff like this wrong when you spend this much money......other than these things, the boat works like a champ

dmgx
03-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Shoemaker, sorry about the problem, we are looking into it hear at the factory. Please contact your dealer about getting it fixed under warranty. If you still have a problem email me at [email protected]

Jay

sailnfast
04-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Jay,

I would think that the factory would be able to ID which serial numbers of LSVs this affects and notify owners and dealers. I mentioned it to my dealer and he said he'd never heard about it?! It seems like SC should have communicated this by now.

Can you post or let us know somehow so that we can get this resolved prior to our boats being prepped and delivered this spring? Thanks.

sailnfast
04-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Jay,

I would think that the factory would be able to ID which serial numbers of LSVs this affects and notify owners and dealers. I mentioned it to my dealer and he said he'd never heard about it?! It seems like SC should have communicated this by now.

Can you post or let us know somehow so that we can get this resolved prior to our boats being prepped and delivered this spring? Thanks.

Brian Raymond
04-15-2005, 11:59 PM
In the service and repair section dated at 4-4-05, you will see what has been resolved. The dealers are being contacted on the situation and will render it when they find these issues. Since this is a sparatic issue, there is no way to find a dated time, or serial number specific time, in which this has occured. I again, apologize for any inconvenience due to this matter, but the problem has been found, and a resolution to this issue has been determined. Skiers Choice monitors this board specifically to hear the consumers opinions, to help resolve any unnoticed situations (at the factory), to help us to build a quality product. Brian Raymond

mobiusLSV05
05-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Recently took delivery of new LSV and sure enough, the screws in the back cushion were the wrong ones (1 3/4) long. Also the screws mentioned previously about going into the front ballast... lets just say, I suffered a direct hit!!! Called the dealer, and he is ordering new parts

Shoemaker Mobius
06-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Just took the boat in for its scheduled oil change and my dealer contacted Skiers Choice and has ordered a replacement cushion and screws. Thanks to J Warren and Brian Raymond for addressing the problem. Also thanks to South Austin Marine (SAM) - the best service department around. I sure hope the owners of SAM realize how very good their guys are and keep them happy!!!