PDA

View Full Version : New member

Virginia
06-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Hello all.

Long time "lurker" and 1st time posting.

My spouse and I are deadly serious about putting a deposit on a 2009 Moomba Outback V this weekend. We really would love to have it for the 4th of July weekend. It has approximately 100 hours on it.

The boat has been completely mechanically checked out by a mechanic at a local marina, and we just need to take it for a test drive.

Just curious as to what suggestions you may have for the test drive.

I'd like to have a written list of things to do while in the boat and cross them off as we go along.

I'm not new to boats. Just recently my mother passed away and I fell heir to the family lake front property (Lake Latonka in Mercer, PA). I grew up skiing behind a 1985 Ski Supreme.

My father used to drag me out of bed every morning at 6:30 AM to go get the glass.

If we do end up owning this boat, we would like to get the Moomba T-shirts.

What's the status on being able to order them? Did we miss our opportunity?

KSmith
06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
2009 Outback V, Excellent choice, it's a fantastic boat!!

Testdrive, as the mechanicals check out you could just get a good run down of the features and controls.

Run the boat up to WOT, make some sharp turns under power, this boat tracks like it's on rails.

Idle and docking, backing, but you are familiar with inboards so no real surprises in slow speed handling /backing...

Fill the ballast (what ballast set up does it have BTW) again run the boat around and see how it handles.

Use the wake plate if it has that option, makes a world of difference in handling both for wakeboarding/surfing/skiing or just cruising.

Get acquainted with the storage areas.

Get them to run through the important areas, battery, breakers, fuses, engine, remote oil filter location, V-Drive, where/how to check fluid levels, etc. Fuel pump is in the gas tank, the access is the round black access cover by the rear bench seat...

Ballast pump(s) are behind thetransom panel in the port side rear locker.

and go have a great time!!

EDIT: Oh yeah post some pics too!!

jpetty3023
06-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Good luck with the lake test and hopefully congrats will be in order soon. Until then, welcome!!

Virginia
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for your kind response!

I have a clipping with some of the options the boat has:

3 ballast bags

movable ballast plate

Wakeboard tower

depth finder

perfection pass? Not sure what that is.

It is definetly more of a boat than our Supreme was!

It's a very nice looking boat. It's blue and white.

KSmith
06-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Cool!

So you have what is call Gravity III ballast, 3 bags and 3 reversible pumps, bags hold 400 pounds each. One center bag in ski locker, a bag in each rear locker to the sides of the engine.

You do have the wake plate, very good option to have!

Perfect Pass, another great option, it is basically a cruise control on steroids. Have them give you a run dwn on how to set and use it, can be a bit complicated if you have't used them before.

Blue and White, Awesome!! Mine is Blue and White as well :-)

The Outback V is great for recreational slalom, it won't have as flat of a wake as the Supreme you had, but if you aren't into competition it should be fine. It is fantastic for wakeboarding and wake surfing (although a larger ballast bag for the surf side may be useful if you get into surfing).

All around great boat, we love ours!

sandm
06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
pm ed g as well for more info..
one of the mods on here.
he has that same boat and can offer a world of advice on that machine.
from what I have seen, it is a great surfboat and a good skiboat.

jmvotto
06-23-2011, 08:01 PM
pm ed g as well for more info..
one of the mods on here.
where is ed on this? the new obv,he should be all over thiss like a fat kid on a cupcake.
he has posted alot of threads on the new hull and this boat. congrats. youwont regret it.

KSmith
06-23-2011, 08:04 PM
I dunno, Ed dropped all his friends (me included is how I found out), his albums are gone... Ed world is a ghost town, a real shame really he has a vast knowledge of the Moomba line and the 2009+ Outback V in particular.

jmvotto
06-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I dunno, Ed dropped all his friends (me included is how I found out), his albums are gone... Ed world is a ghost town, a real shame really he has a vast knowledge of the Moomba line and the 2009+ Outback V in particular.

yes. i saw that too last night in my freinds box.:confused::rolleyes:
dont bother pm ed that was removed as well.

smokedog2
06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Understand the ballast fill switch near the motor - up v. down, fill & drain them all.
Check for gel cracks at the tower, the bow and in the back by the plate. Check all the tower bolts.
You need two batteries and a Perko, just get them.
Check the trailer for damage.
Run the perfect pass.
Check the Ipod hook-up and CD player.

SD2

Mobius22
06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=If we do end up owning this boat, we would like to get the Moomba T-shirts.

What's the status on being able to order them? Did we miss our opportunity?[/QUOTE]

Moomba does all of their apparel through Label Industries. Just go online and check them out, you can order on their website or over the phone. Your dealer may also be able to order them for you. Hope you love the boat, the Outback V is a great all around boat!

jmvotto
06-24-2011, 10:51 AM
here is the moomba site link
http://www.moomba.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24&zenid=id5h15lt9pbh38j5att9603ao2

I think the custom tee shirt thread is DEAD:(