PDA

View Full Version : Another LED Install

Clamcakes
06-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Wanted to show my LED install. Went with the ubiquitous blue. Went with the LED strips for ski lockers, above port and starboard cabin speakers, port locker and driver footwell. Used the oznium superflux chip for cupholders and bow speakers.

I wired all the LEDs with 16 gauge speaker wire and thru superbrightleds LDRF-8A LED DIMMER remote controller. Real nice and cheap. Allows you to turn the LEDs on remotely and dim them.

I also replaced all gauge lights with the wedge bulbs from superbrightleds. Installing the gauge lights was a big pain in the ass. Gauges I that I couldn't reach, I removed them.

ian ashton
06-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Looks awesome! I like the idea of a dimmer, I'll have to look into that.

Clamcakes
06-22-2011, 11:40 PM
20 bucks on superbrightleds

millerda68
06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Nicely done! Looks great. I placed my order for LEDs through Oznium this past week and am waiting for them to come in. Just starting with cup holders, under the dash, and transom lights. Planning to tie into the unused switch for my transom lights and then tie the others into the courtesy light switch.

bergermaister
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Gad I love this stuff!!!

Curious about your gauges with the wedge bulbs. I did that a while ago and they've been kind of flaky. Put the bulb in one way and it won't come on, flip it 180 and it worked fine. Some didn't seem to want to work at all in some sockets but would in others. Tried tweaking the tabs, etc. I've considered going back to standard 194 bulbs with the blue boots over them instead as they seem to work fine in all the gauge sockets... :confused: