PDA

View Full Version : Dealer replaced faulty RPM gauge / Hours reset to zero?

08LSV
06-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey guys wondering if anyone can help. I have an 08 LSV (Obviously.. ;) ) and recently had PP stargazer installed and yearly sevice. After the install my hour meter was reading "error". I took it back to the dealer and they were able to fix it and then had to replace the RPM gauge. They did it under warranty thank goodness. The next time out I noticed that the hour meter read zero hours, and then started to count up from there... Could make it nice if I ever sell it but I would rather just have it read the correct hours again. Any help would be appreciated, I am trying not to have to make the hour or so drive back to the dealer. Thanks.

zabooda
06-22-2011, 01:38 AM
I would write down the hours on the other meter and you then have options when you sell. To put the hours back would require running power to the meter for that length of time. If you sell you can mention the changeout and the hours.

08LSV
06-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks Zab. That"s what i was thinking I would have to do.. Just thought maybe there was an easy way. I'll just keep track of my service sheet to prove the previous hours.