PDA

View Full Version : Which Prop for Direct Drive? Wakeboard/Wakesurf

cmtaylor777
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
A little help needed.

I have a 2004 Supra Launch Direct Drive 22'- Left handed prop w/ 1" shaft

I am finally dailing in a desent surf wave and I am thinking about switching the prop out to help out the wave. I have seen on several threads that the right prop can help shape the wave as well as increase the size. Is this true?

Also.... What would be the best prop for my set up? Info from ACME says that with a 1 to 1 transmission that I have, I will not be able to run the larger props that everyone is going to. :mad:
I was told that I should go to the 1609 model that is 13x11.5 with a .60 cup or the 913 model that is 13x10.5 with a .80 cup. Does this sound correct. I really want to go to a 4 blade larger prop but it seems like I won't be able to take full advantage of the bad boy props out there. Will it be worth it to me to switch? Does it make that much of a difference? I am not looking for power or speed. I just want the benifit of the Surf and wakeboarding advantages.

HELP PLEASE.......... ALL thoughts are apreciated.

harmsway
06-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I have an '08 Mobius LS, which is the LSV hull with DD set up 21' 6". I put an OJ 13x13 4 blade on it was night and day between the 3 blade stock OJ prop. I run 1750 lbs of ballast when surfing and have no problem with it pushing the boat. But if want correct advise for what you are wanting to acheive I would contact Eric @ OJ props or Acme directly and let them advise you on the correct prop for your needs.

dru1974
06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Harmsway ???? Would love to see a pic of your surfwave.

harmsway
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Here is a link of when we 1st got started surfing @ the beginning of the year. Since we have dialed it in, buy moving weight around. We have a 400lb hard tank under the rear seat, a 750lb sac on passenger side of the engine all the towards the back & another 750lb sac that I butt up to the other sac on the passenger side & wrap it up towards the front of the walk way. The front sac I usually only fill about half way or less.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=14351&page=3

E4NASH
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I have the Acme 1609 prop...I haven't tried surfing it yet but am planning on trying it next week. The prop gave the boat a little more pulling power without sacrificing anything on the top end really...no vibration or noise. I'm pleased with it.